Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Young QB in NFL?

Bookmark and Share
    I dont get the RG3 hate. Once they quit running that stupid triple option his durability wont be a concern, hes a better passer than everyone on any of these lists aside from maybe luck. The skins need to make RG3 play more like Rodgers or Luck (highly athletic QBs that are more pass oriented) than Michael Vick. But to say RG3 is overrated is wrong and to have Dalton, Kaepernick, Tannehill, Wilson, or Cam over him is just flat out ridiculous

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I dont get the RG3 hate. Once they quit running that stupid triple option his durability wont be a concern, hes a better passer than everyone on any of these lists aside from maybe luck. The skins need to make RG3 play more like Rodgers or Luck (highly athletic QBs that are more pass oriented) than Michael Vick. But to say RG3 is overrated is wrong and to have Dalton, Kaepernick, Tannehill, Wilson, or Cam over him is just flat out ridiculous
    Agreed. He is the most talented QB of the bunch. The injury concerns are real but for pure talent not one of those guys can touch him and I even include Luck. As he matures and learns when and when not to take hits, he should become more durable.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    As he matures and learns when and when not to take hits, he should become more durable.
    He needs lessons from Ben!

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I believe in history. And history says that running QB"s don't win anything. So that rules out Capernick and RG3. And the season RG3 had last year just refortified that to anyone who's watched this game as long as I have. A running QB lasting a possible 19 game slate? Please. There will always be SOMEONE that you don't account for that is going to catch you and hit you.

RG3 and Capernick will be fine entertainment. But Luck will be hoasting trophy's.
    Only a fool only looks at the past... instead of believing in history, you should believe in evolution.

There are varying types of "running QBs" (that term is stupid). RGIII and Cam Newton are completely different types of mobile QBs. Russel Wilson and Andrew Luck are mobile QBs, that make plays with their legs, and are also very different. Rodgers is a guy who makes plays on the run too.

the game is evolving, a mobile QB will win a super bowl pretty soon. (heck, Rodgers is a QB who makes plays with his legs, and he has a ring already)

In 10 years, we went from Mcnabb and Vick to about 10 QBs starting that use their legs as a key component in their game.
    My Steeler Mock Draft
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB Mich St
    2. Allen Robinson, WR Penn St
    3. Carl Bradford, OLB Arizona St
    4. Martavis Bryant, WR Clemson
    5a. Brent Urban, DE Virginia
    5b. Kevin Pierre-Louis, ILB Boston College
    6. Dontae Johnson, CB North Carolina St
    7. Zach Kerr, NT Delaware

Assistant Coach
    Kaepernick is a much more advanced passer at this time, it's really not even close right now.

It's also a bit ignorant to say, "once they stop doing that which makes RGIII most successful, everything will be fine"
    My Steeler Mock Draft

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Agreed. He is the most talented QB of the bunch. The injury concerns are real but for pure talent not one of those guys can touch him and I even include Luck. As he matures and learns when and when not to take hits, he should become more durable.
    I need a more clear definition of what you are referring to as "pure talent". Because as a passer, RGIII isn't even in Luck's hemisphere in terms of pure talent.
    My Steeler Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Kaepernick is a much more advanced passer at this time, it's really not even close right now.

It's also a bit ignorant to say, "once they stop doing that which makes RGIII most successful, everything will be fine"
    Kaepernick is not the more advanced passer, he is relied on far less as well. He took a superbowl contending team and made them a slightly better superbowl contending team. He had an oline with 4 players that ranked in the top 5 of their respective position and all 5 ranked in the top 10. Crabs/Davis/Moss/Manningham/Ginn/Walker > Part time Garcon/Hankerson/Morgan/Paulson/S.Moss. To say Kaep is more advanced and its not close is a stretch. Hes had some dazzling moments but hes also had his fair share of WTFs in his limited time. If anything they are neck and neck as a passer, but id take RG3 every single time, even though CK is on the much better team

I dont think the triple option is what makes RG3 best, i think it worked pretty well because hes so athletic and can make a lot of plays with his feet but he could just as easily drop back and pass (obviously scramble occasionally) without being hit play after play after play on the triple option. They just exposed him to so many hits in that offense, he was incredibly tough to last as long as he did without getting hurt

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    You have to factor in durability when you say "best young QB". And he won't last..not at the rate he's going. Now maybe your right in that they need to make him play like Rodgers but we don't know that right now and that's a hypothetical right now. Can't get around the "durability" issue dude.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Capernick is not better then RG3. Not from what I"ve seen. He just has a better team around him.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I need a more clear definition of what you are referring to as "pure talent". Because as a passer, RGIII isn't even in Luck's hemisphere in terms of pure talent.
    I am a huge fan of both, but what are you basing this on? They are seriously so close. Id give Luck the nod in every category except pure arm strength, but thats why he went 1 and RG3 went 2, but its not like were comparing Peyton Manning to Vince Young here

Thread Information