Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Young QB in NFL?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel

Best Young QB in NFL?

Best Young QB in NFL?

Luck
    Capernick
    Wilson
    RG3
    Dalton
    Cam

Let the debate begin...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted
    1.) Luck
    1A.) Kaperinick
    3.) Dalton

Crap shoot after this. I like RG3, but durability and longevity could be a problem.

Assistant Coach
    Based on talent? (evaluation of skill set, ability, etc)

1. Andrew Luck - He's one of the most talented QBs in the NFL Period. I'll get hammered for saying it again this year, But Luck is more talented than Ben.

2. Colin Kaepernick - I'm not sure if people realize how strong his arm is, with his arm and ability to throw on the run, he heads into the 2013 season as potentially the most dangerous "mobile" QB...ever

3. Cam Newton - If you could package Newton's physical abilities with RGIIIs character, leadership, poise... you'd have the perfect new school QB. Newton may never put it all together, but his talent is undeniable

4. Ryan Tannehill - I think he's got more skill than Wilson, but had far less around him. He has the most to prove on this list, but on tape he already looks like a 2007 Aaron Rodgers. I think that staff is going to polish him into a gem over the next few years

5. Russel Wilson - I LOVE Russell Wilson, I loved him coming out of Wisc. I loved the pick when Seattle took him. I was on the bandwagon before it existed. I think he will make Seattle a perrennial playoff team. But the truth is that he doesn't have the high end potential of the guys above him. In the long run that may not matter, because his character, leadership, poise, clutch play, etc... are all qualities that can overcome a lower talent ceiling.

6. RGIII - What happened to RGIII is exactly what I expected to happen. His style can't survive in the NFL. He's not big enough to take the beating for 16 weeks year after year... and his body wore down in the first year. I'm going off the talent scorecard a bit here, because I think he's more gifted than Wilson, but he's going to be so beat up that he's going to have to change the way he plays... and if he changes the way he plays, will he remain as talented?

7. Andy Dalton - He doesn't get the respect he deserves. But he also doesn't have a ceiling to grow into. I think what you see, is what you're going to continue to get. A QB who can make all the throws, but lacks something that takes him to the next level.

8. Jake Locker - Last year when Locker played that Detroit OT game, I thought it was his coming out party. He's a solidly built guy, who can throw on the move. But since that game he's done nothing to solidify himself. This needs to be his year.

9. Christian Ponder - If only this guy had an arm to go with his skillset. He was my 2nd rated QB coming in his draft class and he has not lived up to my expectations.

10. Blaine Gabbert - Is terrible
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Kaepernick reminds so much of Randall Cunningham.......I think people forget how good/dangerous Cunningham was before his knee injury (think it was the 1992 season when Cunningham went down for the year).......

I would have to go with Luck or Kaepernick as the best young QB in the NFL right now....Hard to pick just one..........

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    When I look at this question, I think you have to factor in "who do you think is going to have the best career?" also.

With that said, I think Luck is the guy.

All these running QB's are like all the running QB's of the past..they never get great because they'll be hurt from running. Only one simi-running QB has ever won a ring and that was Steve Young when he learned to stop running and check all the way down to his third passing option. But most running QB's don't evolve like that. Ask Michael Vick.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

1. Capernick
    2. Dalton
    3. Luck

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Capernick will not finish this coming season healthy. Mark it down that I said this on May 17th, 2013. Running QB's don't win jack.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Luck. Has marginal talent around him and went to the playoffs in year 1. It's going to be scary to see him with legit WRs and RBs

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    my list is:

1. Luck
    2. Kaepernick
    3. Wilson
    HM: Cam
    Most Overrated: RG3
    Most Underrated: Dalton

Rest dont matter...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Asleep
    I would say the dude that plays for the Colts Lucky

Thread Information