Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55

Thread: Best Young QB in NFL?

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #41
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,594
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    He's had one major injury..in one season. Doesn't look promising does it?
    It doesn't "look" anything because it is too small of a sample size. Brady could have messed up his knee as a rookie instead of his 8th season but didn't out of dumb luck.

    Manning could have messed up his neck as a rookie instead of two years ago but did not out of dumb luck.

    Instead, they have been incredibly durable even though they missed entire seasons. RGIII missed one game.

    You cannot take a single injury from his rookie season and project it out over a career. If he has another significant injury this year or in 2014 then the talk can begin.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  2. #42
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,464

    Best Young QB in NFL?

    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    You cannot take a single injury from his rookie season and project it out over a career. If he has another significant injury this year or in 2014 then the talk can begin.
    It's his 2nd major ACL injury in last 3 seasons
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  3. #43
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,576
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Madness. He really came on strong at the end of the year, but he is not better than ALL OF THEM. Christ
    Wilson is intrigueing to me. He can run, but you can tell by his hesitancy that he doesn't want to run. His second year at the helm will be very interesting.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  4. #44
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,594
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    It's his 2nd major ACL injury in last 3 seasons
    His injury in college occurred during his sophomore season and it is quite possible that with another coach he would have avoided this second tear. There was quite an outrage (granted, with hindsight) throughout the NFL that he was even playing in that game.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  5. #45
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,261
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Your conflating team results with individual talent.

    I am talking about Kaepernick's TALENT. His pocket awareness, play recognition, arm strenght, accuracy, running skills, etc. His combination of Peyton style pocket strength and smarts combined with his Newton style athleticism and running strength.... NONE of this has anything to do with the sick *** roster he has around him. Im not talking about his win/loss record, or his super bowl run... Im talking about individual talent.

    That's why I HATE the roster argument you've brought up... it's a straw man argument.



    Judge the throws.... judge the talent.... the player... i used one example because it stands out in my mind. THAT throw, is when I got on the bandwagon. I studied Kaepernick with a fine comb from that point on.

    before that New England game... I thought Harbough was insane... the gall and balls it took to make that move (obviously he knew what he had). I criticized the **** out of that move, and about a month later I was gleefully eating crow. I was wrong.



    Name one QB who tore his ACL twice before his 2nd NFL season?



    I agree (although I think Cam and RGIII are closer as passers coming out, than RGIII and Luck.... and Cam has the advantage in athleticism because he's built to take the beating, RGIII is not.... it's too bad Cam seems to have **** between the ears, because talent wise, he's a machine.)



    I haven't seen RGIII produce the pocket consistency, hopefully his development trends in that direction... for his own sake.
    I do think you might be higher on CK than anyone in the universe outside of the bay area. I was watching a little bit of him last night, his decision making is pretty meh, while he was brilliant in the NE game....i came away far less impressed than what you would lead people to believe and the peyton manning name-drops are really not warranted because outside of one throw....again, meh

    And im not saying RG3 is worlds better, because hes not, but i would take him over CK in a heartbeat just based on what i think they will be in 3 years, im not sure CK will be much more than he is now....which is a solid passer and a 50-75 yards per game rusher. Whle RG3 is a guy you build a team around, CK is a guy you trust running a star studded team (at the moment at least)
    Last edited by K Train; 05-21-2013 at 09:36 AM.

  6. #46
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,464
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    His injury in college occurred during his sophomore season and it is quite possible that with another coach he would have avoided this second tear. There was quite an outrage (granted, with hindsight) throughout the NFL that he was even playing in that game.
    seemed odd that you would reference 1 injury, and say that if he had a 2nd in the next few years it would be a concern.... when it was in fact his 2nd injury in the last few years.

    it's really simple with RGIII, He's an immense talent, but a big portion of his talent lies in the way he plays the game... and the way he plays the game makes him injury prone.

    Right now there are 2 paths
    Continue on the current Option path which leads to an injury riddled career
    Change Course, and go down a new path, one that will have question marks until he proves that he can be as successful leading an offense from the pocket.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  7. #47
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,464
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I do think you might be higher on CK than anyone in the universe outside of the bay area. I was watching a little bit of him last night, his decision making is pretty meh, while he was brilliant in the NE game....i came away far less impressed than what you would lead people to believe and the peyton manning name-drops are really not warranted because outside of one throw....again, meh
    That's ok... I love putting an "I told you so" in my pocket for later
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  8. #48
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,576
    Well, we all saw Cam's second season. And now we'll see RG3 and Capernick's second season as starters. If you look at Indy's schedule, it isn't the cake walk that it was last year. Couple that with Indy not adding a new, really talented WR to the mix and you've got to think that Luck may take a step back.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  9. #49
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,261
    I think luck is the least likely to take a step back. That is no slouch of a roster, some ??? on defense but they have some young player that are likely to become premier ones in TY Hilton, Coby Fleener, and Dwayne Allen

    Would not be surprised at all to see Wilson not live up to his tremendous second half of the season though

  10. #50
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,464
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I think luck is the least likely to take a step back. That is no slouch of a roster, some ??? on defense but they have some young player that are likely to become premier ones in TY Hilton, Coby Fleener, and Dwayne Allen

    Would not be surprised at all to see Wilson not live up to his tremendous second half of the season though
    I agree, Luck is the least likely to take a step back. I expect him to bring those INT numbers down, and improve the C%. Ii wouldn't be surprised if overall, Indy as a team took a step back though. Luck really saved their season numerous times in the 4th quarter, I don't think that type of performance is repeatable.

    Kaepernick will take the biggest step forward with an entire training camp of 1st team reps for the first time. His stats last year as the starter, pro rated over 16 games was roughly 20 PTD, 10 RTD, 3500 PYds, 600 Ryds, 6 INTs. That's after taking over mid season.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Vince Young is the man
    By Blitzburgh55 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 09:54 PM
  2. **Walter Young**
    By Mike Tomlin in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 09:01 PM
  3. SIs Top Young QBs (under 25 yrs. old)
    By BBG7 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-22-2006, 03:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •