Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RB what if...

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Dwyer is a guy who did run well when the line was performing last year. And when the line did do it's job, he ran for over 100 yards I believe. Dwyer needs to come into the season in the best shape of his pro career in my opinion. If he does, and the line improves the way we hope, both Bell and Dwyer will be beast.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Dwyer was a beast in college... and will be with us.. If Bell gets hurt say week 4... Who is the starting RB?? Dwyer...
    There is noone else. We need both..
    Limas Sweed was a beast in college too so that means literally nothing. I loved the Dwyer pick when it happened but he's been in the league 3 years already and has yet to prove he can be in shape. Not sure why everyone thinks this year will be different. I'm hoping he shows up to camp in similar shape he was in at GT, but I've been hoping that for 3 years so I'm not betting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Dwyer is a guy who did run well when the line was performing last year. And when the line did do it's job, he ran for over 100 yards I believe. Dwyer needs to come into the season in the best shape of his pro career in my opinion. If he does, and the line improves the way we hope, both Bell and Dwyer will be beast.
    it would be nice to have a back that could do well when the line isnt performing its best once in a while...thats why dwyer and redman are just guys back there, they have very little impact on the outcome of the game, you could find a guy on the street to put up that caliber of production, and by that caliber of production i mean ****** production

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I think Big T and Ktrain summed it up pretty well with Dwyer.....I don't why some fans think we have the 2nd coming of The Bus with Dwyer......He is nothing more then a role player and will never a full 16 game starting RB...Its clear the Steelers don't see much upside with Dwyer anymore since they drafted Bell.......

Yeah, i think Wallace and Dwyer had like 700 ****** yards each last year..

And who were the other guys with more ****** yards than them last year??

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Yeah, i think Wallace and Dwyer had like 700 ****** yards each last year..

And who were the other guys with more ****** yards than them last year??
    Not sure where the Wallace thing came from. Please try and tell us that Mike Wallace an Dwyer are comparable players. There is nothing comparable about them. Mike Wallace produced from day 1 and has had statistically one of the greatest starts to a career a WR has ever had.

Jonathan Dwyer is a guy who was slated as a potential first rounder who dropped because he had issues with his weight. 3 years later it's still an issue. It wouldn't be such an issue if he was a guy that had produced and proven to be a playmaker who's had injuries affect his weight (Woodley)... But Dwyer has done nothing in his career to show he's a "monster" outside of at the buffet line.

That Wallace-Dwyer comparison has got to be one of the strangest comparison I've seen on here. Just because he was the least ****** out of himself, Redman, and an injured Mendenhall doesn't mean he's not ******.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Well, were about to see. Granted Dwyer could have been in better shape. Sometimes competition is what you need to have to do better. I said that to say that maybe the drafting of Bell will push Dwyer to be in his best shape yet. We'll see. I think Dwyer is a better running back then he showed last year. But all bets are off if the O-line injuries decimate this team again.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

As long as our RB can consistently leave the offense with 3rd and less than 3 or better, Steelers will be in good shape. We don't need a 2000 yard rusher; just need someone to scare the defense enough to respect the run to open up the passing game and slow down the pass rush.

Was very high on Bell prior to the draft and I hope he turns out to be a joy to watch on Sundays.
    Formerly know as Harrison92

Like you said we dont need a 2000 yard rusher, but having one that can crack 1200-1400 would be really nice. Getting that production out of your two top RBs is abysmal. Dwyer doesnt suck, but again...hes just a guy back there. A guy id rather have on the team than redman, but those two complimenting each other is painfully average or less at its finest (or worst?) lol

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    That Wallace-Dwyer comparison has got to be one of the strangest comparison I've seen on here. .
    ****** Yards for the year for these guys... Just a fact.. Dwyers ****** yards?????
    Heath Miller 816

Antonio Brown 787

Mike Wallace 836

Emmanuel Sanders 626

Dwyers 729

Thread Information