Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O-line article

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

O-line article

Interesting article on the O-line. Nothing that we don't already know. However, I thought the conversation with Ben and DeCastro was intriguing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pittsbu...200200832.html

that quote from decastro is really old, imo he looked more confused than overmatched last preseason

I think the Oline will be dramatically improved this season with the new scheme, we have guys who are quick. I expect to see a bugger DeCastro this season to.

My Mood
    Addicted
    He looked over matched and confused to me at times, i think he came in a lil cocky also, hopefully he now understands that this is big boy football and not college football any more, i think with the new zone blocking schemes our O-Line will be fine....

decastro is not cocky at all

We need a lot to go right for this line to get anywhere near close to where we want it to be...

the odds of the line staying healthy all year should be like 100/1...

Pouncy needs to step up and start to become a little more dominant, i think the lethargy that surrounded this team last season reached further than just the Wideouts. I think he will be better than ever this season.

I think DeCastro will improve, he is too switched on not too, and he will be stronger. I've always quite liked Ramon, and think he punches well above his weight.

I see Adams improving, love his run blocking ability a lot, his ability to improve in pass pro really will define what we are able to do this season.

I'm not overly sold on Gilbert, looks a little soft to me, he really needs to step up as well and prove he has more to his game than refined pass pro technique.

Beachum can only get better, he didn't look too out of place in spells.

All in all that's a lot of stepping up...

I'd love to see Embernate make the team, this guy plays with passion, if the scheme isn't too complicated this guy could flourish

My Mood
    Manic
    Not only is DeCastro not cocky, he is super smart he has an engineering degree for christ sake. Very very few rookie linemen dominate in their rookie season he will thrive in Bicknell's system too me the big question marks are Gilbert and Adams and how they will adapt to the hybrid zone scheme.also watch for Embernate in the preseason his nick name is embernasty his biggest obsticle will be his learning disability which will effect his ability to learn and remember the playbook

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Not only is DeCastro not cocky, he is super smart he has an engineering degree for christ sake. Very very few rookie linemen dominate in their rookie season he will thrive in Bicknell's system too me the big question marks are Gilbert and Adams and how they will adapt to the hybrid zone scheme.also watch for Embernate in the preseason his nick name is embernasty his biggest obsticle will be his learning disability which will effect his ability to learn and remember the playbook
    Marcus Gilbert and Mike Adams both played in zone schemes in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Marcus Gilbert and Mike Adams both played in zone schemes in college.
    “I’m excited. I think everybody is excited,” said Haley. “We’re going to have some young guys who will have to come in and perform, but the thing that came out of last year was we got a lot of young people some playing time, specifically on the offensive line, which is invaluable. The Kelvin Beachums and the Mike Adamses, and even David DeCastro, who wasn’t 100 percent but still got some real-time snaps – that should help them a bunch. I would expect great development up front, and I think our quarterback is as good as anybody’s. We just need to do a better job of protecting him and him of protecting himself. And we need to run the ball more efficiently, because I think we’ll be able to throw it with anybody.”

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Embernate named "Unheralded Rookie Poised to Make Noise."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/b...make-noise-afc

Pittsburgh Steelers -- OG Nik Embernate, San Diego State: The Steelers' offensive line has been a troublesome unit in recent memory, but didn't spend any of their nine 2013 NFL draft picks on an offensive lineman. They signed Embernate as an undrafted free agent and he not only has a chance to make the team, but also earn some playing time as a rookie. He started 46 games at San Diego State and is known as a strong drive blocker, who will latch onto defenders and drive them out of the play. Ramon Foster and Dave DeCastro are penciled in as Pittsburgh's starters at guard, but depth is lacking behind them. Embernate needs to refine his mechanics, but his mauling mentality will give him a shot.
    As an East Coast guy, I know virtually nothing about SDSU or this kid.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information