Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary 53 (It's never too early)

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Saying the same 19 things over, and over, and over again in every thread, every day is a clear sign that you have a mental disorder. Truly, you should get checked out. You're clearly OCD. Maybe try some "associative splitting" exercises to help ease the compulsions.
    FOAD.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Yes, GT is triple option... But its still ZBS. Dwyer will be fine...

If Beachum is on the field we are in deep ****. Foster may not be a typical ZBS guy, but they wouldnt of kept him if they felt he couldnt do it.

Id love to see another young WR make the team and keep only one of Burress or Jericho. Hoping we just stay away from Breaston all together, but sounds like were going to sign him after June 1st.

Im sure well do some roster shuffling untill Heath is healthy too.

Kinda pulling for Cromatie-Smith to win back up Saftey spot over Robert Golden. Dont remember if they were SS or FS tho...

The 4 preseason battles i really want to watch are:
    CB depth
    #2 RB
    ILB depth
    KR/PR
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    NPB - i agree with your Paulson statement. I wasnt surprised at all they didnt draft a TE. Paulsen rose pretty quick last year to the #2 spot, granted he only had Pope to pass, lol.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Yes, GT is triple option... But its still ZBS. Dwyer will be fine...
    When the player taking the snap (QB) in a read option, he is the player making the read.... vs the RB making the read on a typical NFL handoff in a ZBS, it is 2 completely different things. Dwyer is running to a gap in a triple read at Gtech, in an NFL Zone, he will be required to make the read AND have the feet to cut the zone. Dwyer is not proficient enough in either of these 2 critical skills to "be fine".

Georgia Tech is completely irrelevant

If Beachum is on the field we are in deep ****. Foster may not be a typical ZBS guy, but they wouldnt of kept him if they felt he couldnt do it.
    I think you are completely wrong about Beachum. I think he will be a starter (this year or next). He's the most athletic linemen on the team. People are too used to relying on size/measurements and quickly forming an opinion about an Oline. Beachum has high level athletic ability that is a perfect fit for zone movement.

Id love to see another young WR make the team and keep only one of Burress or Jericho. Hoping we just stay away from Breaston all together, but sounds like were going to sign him after June 1st.
    I agree, i dont want both Cotch and Burress on the team... I am open to Breaston, and would need to see him play some before forming a better opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    When the player taking the snap (QB) in a read option, he is the player making the read.... vs the RB making the read on a typical NFL handoff in a ZBS, it is 2 completely different things. Dwyer is running to a gap in a triple read at Gtech, in an NFL Zone, he will be required to make the read AND have the feet to cut the zone. Dwyer is not proficient enough in either of these 2 critical skills to "be fine".

Georgia Tech is completely irrelevant

I think you are completely wrong about Beachum. I think he will be a starter (this year or next). He's the most athletic linemen on the team. People are too used to relying on size/measurements and quickly forming an opinion about an Oline. Beachum has high level athletic ability that is a perfect fit for zone movement.

I agree, i dont want both Cotch and Burress on the team... I am open to Breaston, and would need to see him play some before forming a better opinion.

look at the disgust on his face
    Last edited by K Train; 05-14-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    <3 <3 <3

Banned

look at the disgust on his face
    Ii should've been more specific. With all due respect.... Beachum is quicker from an Oline perspective. He moves "as good" laterally as anyone on the Steelers oline right now. Does he have Maurkice's power? No... not even remotely close, Beachum is soft. Does he have Maurkice's technical hand prowess? No... he's not even close to the technician that Pouncey is. Does he have the hips that Pouncey has? No... he's not a squatter.

I think if you look at a guy like Ryan Lilja, who has had quite a bit of success as a ZBS LG, you can see why I project Beachum as a starter (contingent on how I envision our new blocking scheme) in the Haley/Bicknell line.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Have you examined Millers knee? Theyve been quiet about it but i wouldnt rule out week one, and at worst id imagine PUP list
    Have you? I don't need to examine it when I have stats on my side that say otherwise. Miller tore his ACL, PCL and MCL. Major knee injuries like the one Miller suffered can take a full year or more to heal. Players have recovered faster in recent seasons, but I wouldn't expect anything from Miller next season, no matter how good he looks right now. Expect to see him on the PUP list.
    Last edited by SuperSteelers; 05-14-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Kinda agree with Supersteeler in the idea that we have to assume he's not going to be here for atleast the first 6 games. So we need to roll with someone else as our main TE for the mean time.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Did they actually confirm somewhere that they are moving to a zone blocking scheme? Been out of loop the last couple of weeks (basically after the draft), so I've not been able to pick up news.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information