Gene Hickersion
    Micheal Irivin
    Thurm Thomas
    Bruce Matthews
    Roger Whirel
    Charlie Sanders

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    poor poor russ, an other dungy guy takes his job, and then he can't even make to cut to the final 10...........

congrats to the other guys........ i thought irivin should've got in the last 2 years, so it's good for him to make it..........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

I'm gald to see Thurman Thomas make it...

Missed out

AGAIN,,,,,,,,,,,, Looks like he's never gonna make it ! RAY GUY greatest
    Punter in NFL history ,,,,,,,, Just like when you mention the greatest WR everyone knows it's Rice !
    Guess a Punter doesn't count as a football player,,,,,,,,,,, They need to get
    X players on that Commitee and we'll start seeing the most deserving players
    get in ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, was glad to see thurman make it,he should've already have been there though

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Bruce Matthews- Matthews was drafted ninth in the first round of the 1983 NFL Draft by the Houston Oilers, where he would block for the legendary Earl Campbell and eventually play all line positions (Guard, Center and Tackle), going to the Pro Bowl for the latter two. He was selected to fourteen Pro Bowls in all, a league record. His entire career was spent with the Houston Oilers/Tennessee Oilers/Tennessee Titans. An extremely durable player, Matthews recorded the longest playing longevity at any position. He holds the league record for most games (296) and seasons (19) played by an offensive lineman. Matthews retired after the 2001 season.

Gene Hickerson- The six-time Pro Bowl selection was one of the game's most highly regarded offensive linemen of his era as he led the way for three Hall of Fame running backs Jim Brown, Bobby Mitchell, and Leroy Kelly.

Roger Wehrli - Earned starting role as rookie. . . Led or tied for lead in interceptions for Cardinals four times. . .Amassed 40 career interceptions, recovered franchise record-tying 19 fumbles. . . Picked off career-high six passes, 1970 and 1975. . .Named to NFL's All-Decade Team of 1970s. . .All-Pro and All-NFC five times. . .Selected to seven Pro Bowls. . .Born November 26, 1947 in New Point, Missouri.

Charlie Sanders Sanders, a 6'4", 230-pound tight end, was Detroit's third round pick out of Minnesota in 1968. He quickly established himself in the NFL when he recorded 40 catches for 533 yards as a rookie.
    More success followed for Sanders in 1969 when he caught 42 passes for a career-high 656 yards and scored three TDs. He was named All-NFL that season, the first of three straight seasons that he earned all-league accolades. In addition, Sanders was elected to seven Pro Bowls during his 10-year, 128-game career. Sanders caught 30 or more passes in a year seven times. In his career that ended after the 1977 season, he had 336 catches for 4,817 yards and scored 31 touchdowns. He retired as the Lions all-time leader in receptions. He was also voted to the NFL's All-Decade Team of the 1970s.

Thurman ThomasThomas was the AFC rushing leader in 1990, 1991, and 1993. He was voted to the All-Pro team in 1990 and 1991, was selected to 5 straight Pro Bowls from 1989-1993, and was named NFL's Most Valuable Player in 1991. Currently, he is 12th on the NFL all-time list for most rushing yards in a career. Thomas currently holds the all-time Buffalo Bills rushing record with 11,938 yards and the team record for yards from scrimmage with 16,532. He is also 4th overall in team scoring. Overall, Thomas finished his 13 seasons with 12,074 rushing yards, 472 receptions for 4,458 yards, and 88 touchdowns (65 rushing and 23 receiving). Thomas is the only player in NFL history to lead the league in total yards from scrimmage for four consecutive seasons. He is one of only five running backs to have over 400 receptions and 10,000 yards rushing. Walter Payton, Marshall Faulk, Marcus Allen, and Tiki Barber are the other four. Thomas is also one of four running backs to have rushed for over 1,000 yards in 8 consecutive seasons along with Curtis Martin, Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith. Thomas also set NFL playoff records with the most career points (126), touchdowns (21), and consecutive playoff games with a touchdown (9). Overall, he rushed for 1,442 yards and caught 76 passes for 672 yards in his 21 postseason games. In a 1989 playoff loss to the Cleveland Browns, Thomas recorded 13 receptions for 150 yards and 2 touchdowns, which was a postseason record for receptions by a running back and tied tight end Kellen Winslow's record for most receptions in a playoff game. He is also the first player ever to score a touchdown in 4 consecutive Super Bowls.

Michael Irvin- In 1992 and 1993, Irvin was a key player on the Cowboys' Super Bowl teams. In 1994, he enjoyed another stellar campaign with his fourth consecutive Pro Bowl season, but that year the Cowboys lost to the San Francisco 49ers in the NFC Championship Game. For his part, however, Irvin had one of the most productive games in NFL playoff history, with 12 catches for an NFC championship record 192 yards and two touchdowns. One of his greatest performances was in Super Bowl XXVII, where he caught 6 passes for 114 yards and 2 touchdowns. His 2 touchdowns catches were both in the second quarter and occurred in a span of just 18 seconds, the fastest pair of touchdowns ever scored by one player in Super Bowl history. He also became only the second player ever to score 2 touchdowns in one quarter of a Super Bowl, after Ricky Sanders in Super Bowl XXII. In 1995, Irvin set an NFL record by recording 11 straight 100-yard games receiving. He broke his own team records with career highs in receptions (111) and receiving yards (1,603). Dallas steamrolled through the playoffs and, that year, Irvin was a Super Bowl champion for the third time. Irvin finished his career with 750 receptions (10th all-time in the NFL) for 11,904 yards (9th all-time in the NFL) and 65 touchdowns. His 47 career 100-yard receiving games, which includes an NFL-record setting 11 in a row in 1995, remains the third most in NFL history, behind Jerry Rice (65) and Hall of Famer Don Maynard (50). He was selected to five Pro Bowls (2 more than any other wide receiver in franchise history) and was a key "playmaker" for the Dallas Cowboys that won 6 division titles and three Super Bowls. As part of Dallas' starting lineup on offense, Irvin was a consistent force to be reckoned with in the regular season but he also excelled in postseason play where his six career 100-yard receiving days are just two shy of the NFL mark held by Jerry Rice (8). His 87 postseason receptions place him second in NFL playoff history, again behind Rice (151), and his 1,315 postseason receiving yards ranks second only to Rice (2,245).

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Irvin didn't do much and he only got in because Emmit and Troy lashed out at the voters last year because he didn't get in. When you look at his past, especially with the drugs, what are you telling everyone else in the league? It's ok to do alittle crack and get caught with it because we'll look past that and still vote you in because you were an ok player.

Congrats to the other dudes though

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Art monk does not get in. But they let a crackhead in? Wonderful

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BB2W View Post
    I'm gald to see Thurman Thomas make it...
    Me too, Thurman Thomas deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. I don't care if his team did lose four Super Bowls. With how RB's like Marshall Faulk and LT are known for both running and catching the football. Thurman Thomas did both before both of those guys came along.

Thread Information