Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers’ Clark: Polamalu third-best safety in NFL

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Steelers’ Clark: Polamalu third-best safety in NFL

Looks like Brady isn't the only one Clark's slamming.

[QUOTE Troy Polamalu redefined the role for an NFL safety with his versatility and playmaking skills, but Steelers teammate Ryan Clark thinks he's only the No. 3 player at his position right now.
    Clark, appearing as a guest commentator on ESPN, said he wished he could rank Polamalu ahead of Earl Thomas of Seattle and Dashon Goldson of Tampa Bay, but he can't.
    “This was a decision for me,” Clark said of ranking Polamalu third among his top five safeties in the league. “Here is a guy I really want to put at No. 1, but he's had some injuries over the past few years and hasn't been as effective. He's a guy I feel like can be No. 1 if we get him back fully healthy.”

][/QUOTE]

Complete article: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#axzz2SisUZ7Do

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I really can't wait until Thomas takes Clark's job full time.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach
    Clark is way off...

Best Safeties

1. Jairus Byrd
    2. Eric Weddle
    3. Earl Thomas
    4. Reshad Jones
    5. Reggie Nelson
    6. Kam Chancellor
    7. TJ Ward
    8. Kerry Rhodes
    9. George Wilson
    10. Ed Reed
    11. Troy Polamolu
    12. Devin McCourty
    13. Kerry Rhodes
    14. Ryan Clark
    15. Quetin Mikell
    16. Dashon Goldson
    17. Morgan Burnett
    18. Chris Clemons
    19. Tyvon Branch
    20. Donte Whitner
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

LOL how is calling Troy the 3rd best safety in the NFL slamming him? People are just looking for things to complain about now this is ridiculous

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible.towel43 View Post
    LOL how is calling Troy the 3rd best safety in the NFL slamming him? People are just looking for things to complain about now this is ridiculous
    Clark isn't a pimple on Troy's ***. He doesn't need to be ranking him anywhere. IMO his answer should have been Troy's one of the best to ever play that position and left it at that. Like Real Deal said, Thomas is gonna take Clark's job and than see what he has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by steelers4life66 View Post
    Clark isn't a pimple on Troy's ***. He doesn't need to be ranking him anywhere. IMO his answer should have been Troy's one of the best to ever play that position and left it at that. Like Real Deal said, Thomas is gonna take Clark's job and than see what he has to say.
    He's an analyst this summer, it was his JOB to rank the top 5 safeties in order without being biased and he did just that. He clearly is looking for a job there after his retirement, and he provided his analysis as he was asked to do. Like I said you're just looking for something to complain about. What does Thomas taking his job have anything to do with ranking Troy?

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/05...ty-in-the-nfl/

"On the Monday episode of NFL Live on ESPN, Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark was asked to rank his top five safeties in the league and below are his rankings"

Darren Woodson was asked to do the same and they compared. But hey, you're right, instead of going along with the segment, Clark should have just said "no, im not doing this, Troy is one of the best to ever play the position and thats all I have to say"

See how foolish that makes you look?

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible.towel43 View Post
    He's an analyst this summer, it was his JOB to rank the top 5 safeties in order without being biased and he did just that. He clearly is looking for a job there after his retirement, and he provided his analysis as he was asked to do. Like I said you're just looking for something to complain about. What does Thomas taking his job have anything to do with ranking Troy?
    Right now all clark needs to worry about is playing football. He can worry about life after football when he retires. Can't see how ranking players on your team can be productive in the locker room. As for your remark about me looking for something to complain about. Your for of s**t.

Quote Originally Posted by steelers4life66 View Post
    Right now all clark needs to worry about is playing football. He can worry about life after football when he retires. Can't see how ranking players on your team can be productive in the locker room. As for your remark about me looking for something to complain about. Your for of s**t.
    Its the offseason, guys go on vacation, blow money, and do whatever they want in their free time. Clark chooses to gain experience becoming an analyst, something he has interest in and something he is good at. Why is that such a bad thing? You cant see how its productive? Lets look at it the other way, how does it hurt? There are 60 starting safeties in the league and he labeled an often injured, past his prime teammate at number 3, OUT OF 60! How on earth is that going to cause problems in the locker room?

LOL yeah..I'm the one who is full of sh*t meanwhile youre reaching to complain about this stuff. Whats next, are you gonna complain about the color of Clarke's shoes? Maybe his haircut is pissing you off and you'll make a thread about that too!

I have no problem with Clark's assessment. When healthy, Troy is still one of the best in the league. And when he is not healthy, his relevance drops significantly.

Really excited to see what Thomas can do. Hope he gets a taste this season.

Thread Information