Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greene: Money has disrupted "Steeler way"

Bookmark and Share
    Waterboy
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    He said it never happened when he played.

He's a liar.

No matter how much idiots like Joe Greene want to recreate the 1970's? Those days are long gone.
    Its worthless retards like you calling themselves steeler fans after hating on the original steeler who built a defensive dynasty and is the greatest DT ever. Worthless trash.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel and Gold View Post
    Its worthless retards like you calling themselves steeler fans after hating on the original steeler who built a defensive dynasty and is the greatest DT ever. Worthless trash.
    STFU. He wasn't even the best DL on his own team. LC Greenwood was.

Joe Greene's career peaked in 1975. He was never the same after he hurt his back that season.

Greene was so bitter about being passed over for Cowher that a DECADE AFTER he wouldn't sign Steelers stuff for fans who admired him.

Only when he had nowhere else to go as a coach did he welcome himself back as a "true Steeler" after Dan Rooney gave him a token, cushy, Joe Louis greeter-type job.

Banned
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...contract&hl=en

I guess Joe forgot that second and especially the third paragraph.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel and Gold View Post
    And that's why Crash has been on my ignore list for 5 weeks now. He's not a real Steelers fan. Not talking like that.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Would this be the same Joe Greene who refused to sign Steelers stuff for fans 10 years AFTER being passed over for Cowher because he was still bitter?

People in glass houses Mean Joe.
    joe greene doesn't owe you or anyone else ****

My Mood
    Manic
    [QUOTE=Crash;548734]STFU. He wasn't even the best DL on his own team. LC Greenwood was.

Joe Greene's career peaked in 1975. He was never the same after he hurt his back that season.

Greene was so bitter about being passed over for Cowher that a DECADE AFTER he wouldn't sign Steelers stuff for fans who admired him.

LC WAS GOOD BUT HE WASN'T JOE GREENE ARE YOU WATCHING THE SAME FILMS AS ME DOUCHE?

YOUR NOT A real steelers fan

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    It's time that everyone put Crash on their ignore list and move on. Seriously. We have to stop letting these fans of other teams come in here and disrupt the forum.

I'M MAKING A REQUEST TO EVERYONE AT THIS POINT TO NOT RESPOND TO CRASH ANYMORE. AND PUT HIM ON YOUR IGNORE LIST. THANKS.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Sunshine

Re: Greene: Money has disrupted "Steeler way"

I can see reading comprehension isn't one of crash finer points.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    joe greene doesn't owe you or anyone else ****
    It wasn't me. This was reported during a Denver/Arizona preseason game by Denver sportscaster Tony Zarella, who was working in Pittsburgh at the time MJG was Noll's defensive line coach. He got that info straight from MJG himself.

Only when no other team was giving him a paycheck, did the "bitterness" go away.

Two faced people gotta eat too.
    Last edited by Crash; 05-19-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    It's time that everyone put Crash on their ignore list and move on. Seriously. We have to stop letting these fans of other teams come in here and disrupt the forum.

I'M MAKING A REQUEST TO EVERYONE AT THIS POINT TO NOT RESPOND TO CRASH ANYMORE. AND PUT HIM ON YOUR IGNORE LIST. THANKS.
    You're a retard. I've forgotten more about the Steelers than you'll ever know about them.

It's guys like you, who believe what you are told, the types that are stuck in the past, that give the REAL, smart, dedicated Steelers fans a bad rap.

Just like the idiots who believe the romanticized BS that the Immaculate Reception "changed" the culture of the franchise.

Um, no, that fluke play did nothing, they lost their next two playoff games after that game.

What really changed the fortunes of the franchise was the greatest rookie class in NFL history showing up in 1974.

Swann, Lambert, Stallworth, Webster, Shell, Grossman.

Six players, one rookie class, 4 HOFers (Shell could be), 24 combined SB rings, and 7 straight playoff wins before losing to Oakland minus both Rocky and Franco once those 6 players showed up.

THAT was when the fortunes of this football team changed. Not some fluke once in a lifetime play.
    Last edited by Crash; 05-19-2013 at 01:11 AM.

Thread Information