Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Haley: Bell and every down back

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String
    I believe Ben is better than he used to be, but he is still cocky/jerk-ish enough that it seems half the team doesn't care much for him. That seems obvious in their body language before each game.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Unless Haley changed the system. The results will remain the same.
    so headed to the playoffs with the franchise QB playing at an MVP level before he was injured... im cool with that
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Unless Haley changed the system. The results will remain the same.
    I think Haley didn't have the quality players on offense that he had hoped for. Our running backs were not that great, they couldn't do anything besides a flash here and there during the season...the game against the Redskins was one.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    I think Haley didn't have the quality players on offense that he had hoped for. Our running backs were not that great, they couldn't do anything besides a flash here and there during the season...the game against the Redskins was one.
    It was pretty evident that the running game suffered greatly from lack of talent and attitude. I doubt that even Shanahan could have done anything productively with our RBs last year. And that is not even factoring in the problematic situation with injuries on the oline.

That said, I think Haley had plenty of talent to work with in offense, which showed in the first half of the season before injuries started to take its toll. Very few teams can overcome losing the franchise QB for a prolonged period of time without suffering. Same goes with the o-line; few teams can keep the o-line playing at a high level if you have to plug in new players all the time.

Furthermore, you cannot fault Haley on dropped passes, fumbles etc. Thats simply not something you can coach your way out of at the NFL level. If the players don't know how to protect the ball when they enter the NFL, they are likely not learning it. Now, some people will come with examples of players who did improve on their ball security, and I'm not claiming that people can't improve, but I do claim that its a fundamental skill which you should expect your players to understand. If you look at some of the fumbles we had late in the season by Sanders and AB, you'll find that the plays were brilliantly drawn and executed. They just decided to throw they ball away afterwards. My point is, you can only do so much as OC (or QB for that matter).
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    well said.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    so headed to the playoffs with the franchise QB playing at an MVP level before he was injured... im cool with that
    Neutering the NFL's premier deep thrower with dink and dunk garbage, too concerned with TOP and resting the defense that got double the money the offense got and not enough priority on big plays and scoring points.

This defense doesn't make plays anymore. The offense HAS to be allowed to score points and attack defenses.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...ne/MAG1169185/

Yep, every word a lie.

While you are at it, please explain why The Cabana Club's code violations make the owner's claims about Ben inaccurate. (Hint: They do not. You are engaging in yet another logical fallacy.)
    Ben's such a bad guy for not paying a $5 cover but he can put hundreds of people's lives at risk by not having a save atmosphere for his customers?

KDKA denied any tape of Ben sans helmet existed. The "source" in SI who says they saw the tape and others? Is John Steigerwald, who admitted on HIS blog that he never saw the tape, and he's also had a bug up his *** about Ben since day one because John is a noted Kordell Stewart apologist and it's driving him crazy that Ben had a HOF career.

The Fox and the Hound bar? ON RECORD, denied the story in SI. Said it wasn't accurate.

Is Ben perfect? NO. But he's not the monster idiots say he is.

I mean it's not like he ran a bar with a convicted drug dealer, got divorced from his wife for cheating on her, and was recently named in a paternity suit.

Oh I forgot, that's Hines Ward, the alleged "leader" of this team when he played for it.

Seriously digging **** up from 2010?? Get this **** the F out of here man, we're talking about Bell our rookie RB!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    See..

That's my point. Let's talk about now! Factoring in our new starting RB. Because he is going to be the starter. Haley HAS NO CHOICE but to use him because he is a high draft pick and Rooney is looking! So let's talk about how Haley will use him. I hear he has good hands too.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Starter
    Rooney won't bash Haley. Haley can do what he wants. He's going to be the next head coach when II either fires Tomlin or Tomlin's had enough and walks away.

Thread Information