Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 136

Thread: Haley: Bell and every down back

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    The running game, in the playbook 2012, was the Arians running game. It was kept in place by Kirby and the rest of the coaching staff to ease the transition to a new passing game.
    Provide facts or shut it.

  2. #42
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    He had a 1 game improvement despite having Kurt Warner start the whole year in 2008 (He only started 11 in 2007) and his great offense pissed away an 18 point lead in the NFC title game and did nothing in the Super Bowl until LeBeau went to his prevent defense.

    Yeah he's a goddamn genius!
    so now, offenses **** away 4th quarter leads?

    ps that long Fitzgerald TD was not a prevent defense...

    does this mean Kurt Warner is better than Big Ben?
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I know... Haley totally had nothing to do with that. While Whiz was calling the plays, the OC had nothing to do with substitutions and packages...
    So your telling me, that Haley was in charge of subbing and packages and THEN Whis would call the play? LOL

    No, just like it was last season, Haley called our plays, and he was in charge of the subbing as well.

  4. #44
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Provide facts or shut it.
    I submit the entire 2012 season as fact
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  5. #45
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    So your telling me, that Haley was in charge of subbing and packages and THEN Whis would call the play? LOL
    yes, in fact, position coaches are in charge of a large large portion of the player substitutions

    class is not yet dismissed. sit down

    No, just like it was last season, Haley called our plays, and he was in charge of the subbing as well.
    incorrect. as usual
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    ps that long Fitzgerald TD was not a prevent defense...
    Sure it was, our safties were 20 yards from the LOS. You'll recall John Madden noticed this right before that play.

    does this mean Kurt Warner is better than Big Ben?
    No, he isn't. Ben has more rings, and has had more production in his career. Kurt Warner's 2002-2006 seasons end any discussions of putting him in Ben's class.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    incorrect. as usual
    So we hired Haley to run our offense, and yet he didn't run it?

    If you say so. LOL

  8. #48
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Sure it was, our safties were 20 yards from the LOS. You'll recall John Madden noticed this right before that play.
    wow... so you really don't know much of anything about football

    Here's the play that Crash thinks is a prevent defense.
    It features press coverage and a zone blitz....
    there are 9 defenders within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage at the snap
    what an idiot...

    you literally have to not even have a video game understanding of football to think that was a prevent defense

    newsflash moron... man press, with a zone blitz and 2 deep safeties with outside zones (see how they commit to the WRs on the outside being released allowing the middle to open) is NOTHING like a Prevent Defense

    The fact that you would reference this play... in a "haley hater" conversation is even more awesome... this is essentially a double the outside WRs playcall... and Haley moved Fitz into the slot to destroy it

    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 05-02-2013 at 06:22 PM.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  9. #49
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,273
    you're probably embarrassed right now... you gotta be... i mean, look how stupid you look
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I submit the entire 2012 season as fact
    You submit as speculation.

    Here's Lolley's take from January:

    Thursday, January 03, 2013

    Losing Haley would be a setback
    According to the Arizona Republic, Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley has been given permission to interview with the Cardinals for their open head coaching position.

    Haley, a former offensive coordinator in Arizona, is held in high esteem by the Bidwell family after helping the Cardinals to the Super Bowl in 2008.

    But if he leaves the Steelers after just one season, it will be a big setback.

    The team spent an entire offseason last year learning a new offense - most notably new offensive terminology.

    If Haley leaves, the Steelers will have their third offense in three seasons. With one of the youngest offenses in the league - outside of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger - that's a lot to throw at young players.

    The Steelers have long prided themselves on continuity. It's one of the reasons why the team has had some much success over the past couple of decades. They have largely kept things the same, making things easy for young players to improve by learning the system better.

    Now, certainly, the Steelers could offset the loss of Haley - if that happens - by promoting from within. Mike Tomlin's top choice a year ago would have been Kirby Wilson had he not been recovering from burns suffered in an accident in his home.

    But at this point, Wilson's offense would likely be different from the one Haley runs. And he would faced with the choice of keeping Haley's terminology or returning to what the Steelers used before.

    Plus, prior to injuries to Antonio Brown, Roethlisberger and half of the offensive line, the Steelers offense was producing under Haley in the first half of the season. They led the league in third down conversions, were second in time of possession and their scoring was up about a point-and-a-half from the previous season.

    And that was with a group of players still learning the new offense.

    Now, certainly, the team didn't finish as well. But the aforementioned injury problems were the main culprit for that.

    Much has been made of comments Roethlisberger made regarding Haley's offense, particularly following a loss at Dallas.

    But Roethlisberger has always taken shots at the offensive coordinator, whether it was Ken Whisenhunt or even his best buddy, Bruce Arians. He always wants to do things his way, which would include running the no-huddle exclusively.

    And the offensive coordinators have had to reign him in.

    The fact is, the rift between Haley and Roethlisberger just isn't there. It's a figment of the imagination of people who were waiting for a big blowup between the two that never happened

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What do you guys think Bell over Lacy??
    By steelchamp204 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-29-2013, 12:14 AM
  2. Wow Bell Over Lacy!!
    By BubbyBlister in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 07:50 PM
  3. Le'Veon Bell ???
    By VTSteelerfan in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-17-2013, 10:38 PM
  4. Was Haley Holding Back ?
    By Speeed in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-27-2012, 12:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •