Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanders or 3rd RD pick

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

Sanders or 3rd RD pick

Remember back when NE signed Sanders to an offer and we had the opportunity to match or take their 3rd pick? Well that pick would have been #91. And if you go back and look at the picks that we're available, their is Stedman Bailey taken with the 92nd pick. So you gotta ask your selfs, Sanders or Bailey?

I would have taken the pick and drafted Bailey. And control for 4 yrs.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Beating a dead horse... Its already said and done, geesh.

For the record id take Sanders hands down over Bailey. Despite what his agent says (which is just leverage) Sanders will resign long term.

What do you think his agent is supposed to say, "no, were hoping Pittsburgh gives us a low ball offer."
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    For fun, I too was going to go back and see who was available with the 91st pick. Just to see.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Bailey, Brandon Williams, Sam Montgomery, Okafor, Schwenke, Khaseem Greene, William Gholston, Johnathan Franklin, and barrett jones

Honestly would have rather had any of them over sanders on a 1 year deal

I would have taken the 3rd round pick and I like Sanders.

I said 3rd round when it was offered and sticking to it. Would be a waste if they dont sign him long term.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Bailey, Brandon Williams, Sam Montgomery, Okafor, Schwenke, Khaseem Greene, William Gholston, Johnathan Franklin, and barrett jones

Yes, I agree. I was gonna list them but figured people could see for themselfs.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

And it is not just any one of those players. It is one of those players for 4 years on a rookie pay scale.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    I would have taken the 3rd round pick and I like Sanders.
    I really think it depends on what the goals are. Are they hoping to make a run in 2013 or is it just a rebuilding year? If they wish to actually contend, I don't mind keeping Sanders. Rookie WRs have hard time contributing. The only rookie who did much of anything in a real way was Randy Moss. Chances are, a rookie could not offer what Sanders can. But if they are going to consider this year a rebuilding year, then, yea, keeping Sanders for 1 more year makes little sense.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    I really think it depends on what the goals are. Are they hoping to make a run in 2013 or is it just a rebuilding year? If they wish to actually contend, I don't mind keeping Sanders. Rookie WRs have hard time contributing. The only rookie who did much of anything in a real way was Randy Moss. Chances are, a rookie could not offer what Sanders can. But if they are going to consider this year a rebuilding year, then, yea, keeping Sanders for 1 more year makes little sense.
    I agree with this statement. It was a decision based on their assessment of how well the team could do this year. With Sanders, they are definitely better THIS SEASON. Letting him go would make the team better in 2014 and beyond. The decision-makers believe we can win this season, so they kept him.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information