Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace making statements on twitter in light of the Jason Collins coming out Party!

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    You mean besides finally being able be himself and not having to hide who he truly is? How about being a role model for people who are in the exact same situation? His entire life he lied to himself, his family, and anyone who knew him. **** his own twin brother didnt know. I'm sure it's an incredible weight lifted off his shoulders. I can't even begin to imagine the weight that's been on his shoulders and on those in similar situations. He said it himself that he wishes someone would've come out and done it sooner, but no one has so he felt it was necessary. Saying that is "nothing more than an attempt for attention" is ignorant.
    I strongly disagree with this. It is about attention. The climate in this kids life has ALWAYS been conducive to him "coming out". This kid wasn't living in the 1960's or 70's. He is arguably the biggest guy on his team. If he had came out 7 years ago, what was going to happen? Nothing. If anybody is going to have a problem with it now, then they were going to have a problem with it 7 years ago too. It's not that big a deal. He's a player who's at the end of a none-descriptive career and he's doing this for the interview,( On Good Morning America today) publicity and financial gain that he will be getting now AFTER his career is over. Which it just about is.

To compare this guy to what Jackie Robinson did is a joke. Robinson was black at the beginning of his career. This guy is doing this on the way out of his career and setting his life up AFTER his professional career is over.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    And on that note, I don't have much of an issue with what Wallace said. People are so sensitive. Yes it was ignorant, but not malicious. He said he isn't against it, just doesn't understand it. Obviously he doesn't, but people get into a big uproar over it because it's a touchy subject.
    ^^^This^^^
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Addicted
    I guess I'm just an old fart. Don't really get this twitter thing. I couldn't care less what some celeb had for lunch or where they're going for dinner or what their thoughts are about some other celeb coming out of the closet. Knowing what some celeb thinks doesn't improve my life what so ever. Got better s**t to do than follow people that when it comes right down to it, most don't really give two cents about you. Maybe someone on here can explain it to me.
    Last edited by steelers4life66; 04-30-2013 at 02:48 PM.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

I"m with you 100 percent.

Draft Pick
    As a sports fan all I want from a player is to play well and help my team win. I could care less what he does off the field. If Charles Manson learned to kick 60 yd. FG's in prison and the Steelers signed him on work release, you better believe I'd be twirling my terrible towel for Manson everytime he kicked a game winning FG.

Yes!

My Mood
    Roflol
    Quote Originally Posted by steelers4life66 View Post
    I guess I'm just an old fart. Don't really get this twitter thing. I couldn't care less what some celeb had for lunch or where they're going for dinner or what their thoughts are about some other celeb coming out of the closet. Knowing what some celeb thinks doesn't improve my life what so ever. Got better s**t to do than follow people that when it comes right down to it, most don't really give two cents about you. Maybe someone on here can explain it to me.
    I'm no spring chicken either. But twitter holds its fun for a limited time at least with me it did. I got a tweet back from Pouncey last year and thought it was cool, but beyond that I barely go on it anymore. Too many idiots and hackers.
    Fear da Beard

I don't always post, but when I do its on SteelerAddicts.com

Sponsered by the following:
    Cookies, Air, TP

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I laughed my *** off when I saw the wallace said that. Not so funny if he were still a steeler. Maybe Kordell will finally come out of the closet....
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky#20 View Post
    As a sports fan all I want from a player is to play well and help my team win. I could care less what he does off the field. If Charles Manson learned to kick 60 yd. FG's in prison and the Steelers signed him on work release, you better believe I'd be twirling my terrible towel for Manson everytime he kicked a game winning FG.
    No, I wouldn't go this far. I would not root for an insane murderer, 60-yard field goal or not. And the Steelers organization would agree with me; there is a line that should not be crossed.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    I laughed my *** off when I saw the wallace said that. Not so funny if he were still a steeler. Maybe Kordell will finally come out of the closet....
    Kordell was actually married for a while, and that caught my attention. But he is already divorced. Can't force oneself to be attracted to something that you just aren't.

Thread Information