Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace making statements on twitter in light of the Jason Collins coming out Party!

Bookmark and Share
    Starter
    If Wallace was still a Steeler Goodell would suspend him.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    LOL OK, I get it. You have bought into the entire victim mentality thing. Your choice.
    Right wing nut zealot alert!

Banned
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    Right wing nut zealot alert!
    Is that really the best you can muster?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Is that really the best you can muster?
    Oh it's far from my best, but you don't need to hit a fly with a sledge hammer.

Banned
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Oh it's far from my best, but you don't need to hit a fly with a sledge hammer.
    It is no wonder you are a punch line on here. Debating you is akin to debating a monkey. I am sure to win but the conversation is sure to make me dumber.

I bid you good night.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Draft Pick
    You would feel this way. His statement showcases mad ignorance. It implies that gays choose to be gay just for the sake of wanting to be gay. Gay men are not attracted to women, so Wallace made a very ignorant statement. But why would I expect you, a troglodyte, to understand when you post things like.....
    First thing you have ever said I have agreed with. I feel dirty.

Rookie Free Agent
    He is an entitled to his opinion, I laugh at all the hatred when people voice their opinion. The political correctness in this country is going to be it's downfall. That's one of the reasons I'm a fan of James Harrison, he speaks his mind.

What does announcing to the world that you are gay do anyway? I don't care either way on the issue, but this is nothing more than an attempt for attention.
    Last edited by Sheetz; 04-30-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Banned
    I think it's hilarious that ESPN is now all on the gay train. People come out every single day, now that Collins came out. It almost seems like it. I bet half the people in this country who were against gay couples now are for gay couples just because a "athlete" came out of the closet.

This shouldnt even get this big of media coverage, just because it is an athlete it gaines positive media attention, any other joe shmoe that makes the headlines on CNN for being gay draws negative feedback.

Im not for/against gays at all. I just find it funny how the media twist things around due to the level of society they are.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheetz View Post
    What does announcing to the world that you are gay do anyway? I don't care either way on the issue, but this is nothing more than an attempt for attention.
    You mean besides finally being able be himself and not having to hide who he truly is? How about being a role model for people who are in the exact same situation? His entire life he lied to himself, his family, and anyone who knew him. **** his own twin brother didnt know. I'm sure it's an incredible weight lifted off his shoulders. I can't even begin to imagine the weight that's been on his shoulders and on those in similar situations. He said it himself that he wishes someone would've come out and done it sooner, but no one has so he felt it was necessary. Saying that is "nothing more than an attempt for attention" is ignorant.

And on that note, I don't have much of an issue with what Wallace said. People are so sensitive. Yes it was ignorant, but not malicious. He said he isn't against it, just doesn't understand it. Obviously he doesn't, but people get into a big uproar over it because it's a touchy subject.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I think it's hilarious that ESPN is now all on the gay train. People come out every single day, now that Collins came out. It almost seems like it. I bet half the people in this country who were against gay couples now are for gay couples just because a "athlete" came out of the closet.

This shouldnt even get this big of media coverage, just because it is an athlete it gaines positive media attention, any other joe shmoe that makes the headlines on CNN for being gay draws negative feedback.

Im not for/against gays at all. I just find it funny how the media twist things around due to the level of society they are.
    Totally agree. What does his coming out have to do with him being a crappy basketball player? If I were that big, I'd be leading the league in goal tending, physicality and I'd have worked hard to develope a "back to the basket" game like all the great centers of the league have done.

Here on the West Coast, when he and his brother came into the league, people thought they were going to be so good. I never saw it.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information