Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I"m going on record right now...........

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    The running backs don't play defense. They have no control over what the defense does right after the Steelers offense scores points.
    Actually, they DO play defense in their own way. A good running game shortens the game and allows fewer opportunities for the defense to give up the lead. Far too often, the D will hold, the O would go three and out. The other team gets another opportunity, scores, and then people like you complain about the D.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Damn a draft sure got you up beat about the team
    No..I'm reading between the lines. Let me give you an example:

Wheaton has to be significant. Why? AB and Sanders can't carry the laod by themselves and Burress can't seperate like he use to. So, Wheaton is going to get significant snaps.

But that's just an example. Because of the different circumstances we are in, the rookies have to come in and contribute. LeBum has no choice but to allow Hawthorne, Jones and Thomas to contribute. Thomas is going to be in there by week # 3 when Troy leaves because of injuries as usual. This organization is in a different place because of the lack of depth.

You can just see it.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    One good draft and Mr. Doom and Gloom can see the light.

I like it lol.
    You see it like I do Big T. Who are you fooling? LaBeau and Tomlin have to play the young guys now. They have no choice. And with us getting some early bad teams to get our timing down, we'll be a good to great team by season's end.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Starter
    Actually, they DO play defense in their own way. A good running game shortens the game and allows fewer opportunities for the defense to give up the lead.
    So the running backs are responsible for the DEFENSE giving up leads AFTER we scored ourselves?

Now I've heard it all.

Far too often, the D will hold, the O would go three and out
    Um, no.

Here is why we lose leads, for example in 2009:

The Steelers take the lead at KC with a TD.

The defense goes on the field and gives it back.

The Steelers take the lead against the Raiders.

The Steelers take the lead against the Raiders again.

That was 2009. In 2012? They did the same damn thing at Denver, at Tennessee, and at Oakland.

This bend but don't break crap doesn't work anymore. Our defense is actually the OFFENSE holding the ball.

Banned
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    So the running backs are responsible for the DEFENSE giving up leads AFTER we scored ourselves?

Now I've heard it all.
    You have only "heard it all" because you said it. I sure did not.

You do a great job of debating yourself...

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    You have only "heard it all" because you said it. I sure did not.

You do a great job of debating yourself...
    Actually dummy that was your quote.

Only in YinzerBurgh is the offense blamed for the DEFENSE giving back leads.

6 blown 4th quarter leads in 16 games last season. Bruce Arians wasn't there.

When will LeBeau's problems become LeBeau's responsibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    No..I'm reading between the lines. Let me give you an example:

Wheaton has to be significant. Why? AB and Sanders can't carry the laod by themselves and Burress can't seperate like he use to. So, Wheaton is going to get significant snaps.

But that's just an example. Because of the different circumstances we are in, the rookies have to come in and contribute. LeBum has no choice but to allow Hawthorne, Jones and Thomas to contribute. Thomas is going to be in there by week # 3 when Troy leaves because of injuries as usual. This organization is in a different place because of the lack of depth.

You can just see it.
    Im not disagreeing, its just weird seeing you see the team with a positive view. I almost spit out my coffee when you called them a 10-11 win team. THey definitely are in that caliber of teams.....a backup now so if ben gets hurt maybe they can heal him before asking him to come in and play terribly partially injured, a hopefully improve run game, a talented backup safety, an added dynamic to the passing game, an added factor to the pass game, a year with haleys offense under their belt, a healthy oline full of extremely talented players...theres plenty reason to be optimistic.

also....

i like how crash acts like the steelers defense give up 100000 PPG, sure they disappointed at some inopportune times but as a unit they still play very well. Everything has an impact on everything...if the offense gets better the defense gets better, if the defense gets better the offense gets better, if the special teams return game improves the offense gets better, if the kicking game gets better the defense improves...unless you live in crashes world, then the RBs have to play defense and the LBs have to play QB for them to correlate at all. Id say i feel like im talking to a 5 year old, but 5 year olds have the mental capacity to learn logic and reasoning, crash is stuck in his own little world

Banned
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Actually dummy that was your quote.
    Actually, no it was not my quote. My quote is here:

Actually, they DO play defense in their own way. A good running game shortens the game and allows fewer opportunities for the defense to give up the lead. Far too often, the D will hold, the O would go three and out. The other team gets another opportunity, scores, and then people like you complain about the D.
    Followed by your comment:

Now I've heard it all.
    Your comment is not even in the same ZIP CODE as mine.

Mine points out that there are many instances where the defense holds (sometimes multiple times), the offense goes 3 and out or has a really quick drive (see Bengals game last season), and then y'all complain about the defense when it does not hold the lead or a tie for the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th time.

NOWHERE in there does it say that the RBs are "responsible" for the D giving up a lead after a Steelers score. Two or three drives after a Steeler score? Possibly.

Only in YinzerBurgh is the offense blamed for the DEFENSE giving back leads.
    The problem is that you cannot see the same connection between offense and defense that every Steeler head coach from Noll, to Cowher to Tomlin saw. A fourth quarter running game is critical for consistent success. It shortens the game and keeps the defense from becoming over exposed. The best 4th quarter "defense" is a 7 minute drive based on a strong running attack. This is especially true with all of the great offenses in the league now. You give them enough chances and they will score.

Starter
    How can the offense control what the defense does AFTER we score?

Just like in SB XLIII, Ben comes out firing, completes 8 of his first 9 passes and the Steelers score 10 points in two drives.

What does the alleged defense do after we score a TD?

They give up a 81 yard TD drive on their second series to cut our lead to 10-7.

I guess they were tired after one series of work.

And if our offense has to be designed to keep the defense off the field? Then why in the hell are we paying the DEFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL DOUBLE of what the offense made in 2012?

you have problems.

its not worth arguing with you, all you do is use one play or one example, hell even using a few losses from last year is too small of a sample size.

Injured QB and constant 3 and outs effects the defense
    fumbles and drops by the offense effects the defense
    2 injured OLBs with no consistent pass rush effects the defense
    An injured star SS all year effects the defense

you cant just say OMG THEY LOST TO THE TITANS AND THE RAIDERS BECAUSE THE DEFENSE GAVE UP POINTZZZZ

i really dont know why i bother responding to you, youre just some crazy bastard somewhere

Thread Information