Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I"m going on record right now...........

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar

I"m going on record right now...........

No sense in me waiting around, I say we are going to win the division THIS YEAR! Yep.........look at the schedule. It's set up for us to win 6 out of the first 7 games right out the gate!

On Offense,...with the addition of Bell, we will have a running game to grind out those games when we take a lead on someone now. Bell is the best medicine that Ben can receive in staying upright through the whole season. It's not a coincidence that the last time Ben was really healthy at the end of the year, we had a semblance of a running game.
    The offensive line will come through for us this season. We can't go a fourth straight year of being completely ravaged on the O-line. The wide receiving corps will receive a boost from Wheaton and Brown and Plaxico will have a whole off-season to get comfortable and be that big red zone threat we need. Looks like the deepest WR corps we've ever had.

On Defense....we should see an uptick in the pass rush now with Woodley and Jones bringing the pain to opposing QB's. This is going to help the secondary because with the addition of Hawthorne, it will take a minute for the secondary as a unit to get comfortable but with the weak teams of the first three weeks of the season, the secondary will jell to be solid. Thomas will eventually play significantly because Troy is being phased out. Thomas is a thumper so he too will bring pain to receivers coming across the middle.

All in all, I see atleast a 10 to 11 win season. With us laying the smack on the Ratbirds atleast once, maybe twice!
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Banned
    JFC......The running game isn't why we lose leads people.

WATCH THE %$^&*()p_{ GAME!

We will need to lay the smack on the Bengals. the Ravens have a good chance of battling the Browns for last place.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    No sense in me waiting around, I say we are going to win the division THIS YEAR! Yep.........look at the schedule. It's set up for us to win 6 out of the first 7 games right out the gate!

On Offense,...with the addition of Bell, we will have a running game to grind out those games when we take a lead on someone now. Bell is the best medicine that Ben can receive in staying upright through the whole season. It's not a coincidence that the last time Ben was really healthy at the end of the year, we had a semblance of a running game.
    The offensive line will come through for us this season. We can't go a fourth straight year of being completely ravaged on the O-line. The wide receiving corps will receive a boost from Wheaton and Brown and Plaxico will have a whole off-season to get comfortable and be that big red zone threat we need. Looks like the deepest WR corps we've ever had.

On Defense....we should see an uptick in the pass rush now with Woodley and Jones bringing the pain to opposing QB's. This is going to help the secondary because with the addition of Hawthorne, it will take a minute for the secondary as a unit to get comfortable but with the weak teams of the first three weeks of the season, the secondary will jell to be solid. Thomas will eventually play significantly because Troy is being phased out. Thomas is a thumper so he too will bring pain to receivers coming across the middle.

All in all, I see atleast a 10 to 11 win season. With us laying the smack on the Ratbirds atleast once, maybe twice!
    Damn a draft sure got you up beat about the team

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    JFC......The running game isn't why we lose leads people.

WATCH THE %$^&*()p_{ GAME!
    actually, it pretty much is.....

its not the reason they get the leads, but its certainly the reason they lose them..maybe you should watch the game and stop pretending like you know what the **** you are talking about

I had us going 9-7, sticking to it.

One good draft and Mr. Doom and Gloom can see the light.

I like it lol.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    actually, it pretty much is.....

its not the reason they get the leads, but its certainly the reason they lose them..maybe you should watch the game and stop pretending like you know what the **** you are talking about
    No it isn't.

We lose leads, because this alleged #1 defense, has the uncanny ability to surrender a lead AFTER we take the lead ourselves.

We score, they give the lead right back. It's a term I've labeled "Give back points".

And it happens all the freaking time.

We want to control the clock and rest our defense? Fine. But the problems occur when we score, then they go on the field, and give the points right back.

It's why we missed the playoffs in 2009, and it's why we lost to garbage like Tennessee and Oakland in 2012.

its a combination for sure, but actually having a less than abysmal running game goes way further than youre giving it credit for...which doesnt surprise me that youd be so naive. Weve never see anything even close to as bad of a running game for the steelers before as last year

Banned
    The running backs don't play defense. They have no control over what the defense does right after the Steelers offense scores points.

Thread Information