Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I"m going on record right now...........

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar

I"m going on record right now...........

No sense in me waiting around, I say we are going to win the division THIS YEAR! Yep.........look at the schedule. It's set up for us to win 6 out of the first 7 games right out the gate!

On Offense,...with the addition of Bell, we will have a running game to grind out those games when we take a lead on someone now. Bell is the best medicine that Ben can receive in staying upright through the whole season. It's not a coincidence that the last time Ben was really healthy at the end of the year, we had a semblance of a running game.
    The offensive line will come through for us this season. We can't go a fourth straight year of being completely ravaged on the O-line. The wide receiving corps will receive a boost from Wheaton and Brown and Plaxico will have a whole off-season to get comfortable and be that big red zone threat we need. Looks like the deepest WR corps we've ever had.

On Defense....we should see an uptick in the pass rush now with Woodley and Jones bringing the pain to opposing QB's. This is going to help the secondary because with the addition of Hawthorne, it will take a minute for the secondary as a unit to get comfortable but with the weak teams of the first three weeks of the season, the secondary will jell to be solid. Thomas will eventually play significantly because Troy is being phased out. Thomas is a thumper so he too will bring pain to receivers coming across the middle.

All in all, I see atleast a 10 to 11 win season. With us laying the smack on the Ratbirds atleast once, maybe twice!
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Banned
    JFC......The running game isn't why we lose leads people.

WATCH THE %$^&*()p_{ GAME!

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    JFC......The running game isn't why we lose leads people.

WATCH THE %$^&*()p_{ GAME!
    actually, it pretty much is.....

its not the reason they get the leads, but its certainly the reason they lose them..maybe you should watch the game and stop pretending like you know what the **** you are talking about

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

its not the reason they get the leads, but its certainly the reason they lose them..maybe you should watch the game and stop pretending like you know what the **** you are talking about
    No it isn't.

We lose leads, because this alleged #1 defense, has the uncanny ability to surrender a lead AFTER we take the lead ourselves.

We score, they give the lead right back. It's a term I've labeled "Give back points".

And it happens all the freaking time.

We want to control the clock and rest our defense? Fine. But the problems occur when we score, then they go on the field, and give the points right back.

It's why we missed the playoffs in 2009, and it's why we lost to garbage like Tennessee and Oakland in 2012.

My Mood
    Manic

a ****ing men k-train i think the key will be the o-line if everyone plays up to there talent level bell will look like the bus and ben will have a mvp type season

We will need to lay the smack on the Bengals. the Ravens have a good chance of battling the Browns for last place.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    We will need to lay the smack on the Bengals. the Ravens have a good chance of battling the Browns for last place.
    The Ravens have responded well to their losses. I don't see them as a losing team this season. They lost some players but they still have some good ones and added some key free agents of their own. I don't see them as contending for another ring but to assume Pgh will be better than them is not prudent. If Harbaugh is a good coach, it will show this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    No sense in me waiting around, I say we are going to win the division THIS YEAR! Yep.........look at the schedule. It's set up for us to win 6 out of the first 7 games right out the gate!

On Offense,...with the addition of Bell, we will have a running game to grind out those games when we take a lead on someone now. Bell is the best medicine that Ben can receive in staying upright through the whole season. It's not a coincidence that the last time Ben was really healthy at the end of the year, we had a semblance of a running game.
    The offensive line will come through for us this season. We can't go a fourth straight year of being completely ravaged on the O-line. The wide receiving corps will receive a boost from Wheaton and Brown and Plaxico will have a whole off-season to get comfortable and be that big red zone threat we need. Looks like the deepest WR corps we've ever had.

On Defense....we should see an uptick in the pass rush now with Woodley and Jones bringing the pain to opposing QB's. This is going to help the secondary because with the addition of Hawthorne, it will take a minute for the secondary as a unit to get comfortable but with the weak teams of the first three weeks of the season, the secondary will jell to be solid. Thomas will eventually play significantly because Troy is being phased out. Thomas is a thumper so he too will bring pain to receivers coming across the middle.

All in all, I see atleast a 10 to 11 win season. With us laying the smack on the Ratbirds atleast once, maybe twice!
    Damn a draft sure got you up beat about the team

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Damn a draft sure got you up beat about the team
    No..I'm reading between the lines. Let me give you an example:

Wheaton has to be significant. Why? AB and Sanders can't carry the laod by themselves and Burress can't seperate like he use to. So, Wheaton is going to get significant snaps.

But that's just an example. Because of the different circumstances we are in, the rookies have to come in and contribute. LeBum has no choice but to allow Hawthorne, Jones and Thomas to contribute. Thomas is going to be in there by week # 3 when Troy leaves because of injuries as usual. This organization is in a different place because of the lack of depth.

You can just see it.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    No..I'm reading between the lines. Let me give you an example:

Wheaton has to be significant. Why? AB and Sanders can't carry the laod by themselves and Burress can't seperate like he use to. So, Wheaton is going to get significant snaps.

But that's just an example. Because of the different circumstances we are in, the rookies have to come in and contribute. LeBum has no choice but to allow Hawthorne, Jones and Thomas to contribute. Thomas is going to be in there by week # 3 when Troy leaves because of injuries as usual. This organization is in a different place because of the lack of depth.

You can just see it.
    Im not disagreeing, its just weird seeing you see the team with a positive view. I almost spit out my coffee when you called them a 10-11 win team. THey definitely are in that caliber of teams.....a backup now so if ben gets hurt maybe they can heal him before asking him to come in and play terribly partially injured, a hopefully improve run game, a talented backup safety, an added dynamic to the passing game, an added factor to the pass game, a year with haleys offense under their belt, a healthy oline full of extremely talented players...theres plenty reason to be optimistic.

also....

i like how crash acts like the steelers defense give up 100000 PPG, sure they disappointed at some inopportune times but as a unit they still play very well. Everything has an impact on everything...if the offense gets better the defense gets better, if the defense gets better the offense gets better, if the special teams return game improves the offense gets better, if the kicking game gets better the defense improves...unless you live in crashes world, then the RBs have to play defense and the LBs have to play QB for them to correlate at all. Id say i feel like im talking to a 5 year old, but 5 year olds have the mental capacity to learn logic and reasoning, crash is stuck in his own little world

Thread Information