Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Batch article by Ron Cook (new to the forum)

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    First of all unless it's for business I would be caught dead in Seattle with those Sanka and salad eating inbred's.
    LOL! It's not so bad. I get to wear my Steelers gear all around town which royally pisses off the Seahawk fans. FYI, I did move for a job I could not pass up.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Now your talking.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Starter
    I was there once for a week and it rained every day. Only highlights were Lewis and Clark Lanes and the airport when I left.

figured youd like the rain with your doom and gloom mentality. Plus its far away from the rooneys

It does rains a lot in Seattle and there are more overcast days than sunshine but in June, July and August, there are few better places to be. That's why during the summer I tell everyone to get outside and enjoy the weather. You'll have plenty of time to be fooling around on the internet while you're at work

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    figured youd like the rain with your doom and gloom mentality. Plus its far away from the rooneys
    Learn to read. Didn't say I liked the rain.

I could care less about the Rooney's. I don't cheer for the Rooney's, they aren't playing.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeler John View Post
    Hello all, been a long time reader and I decided to finally get in here with the rest of my Steeler addicts. With the pleasantries aside, I enjoyed the article Ron Cook wrote this morning about Charlie Batch but found the following quote made by Batch particularly interesting.

Article: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...uccess-685435/

Comment: "Maybe they weren't happy with what they had behind Ben and Bruce. That could be. But ultimately, I think this isn't about replacing me. Big picture, maybe they're thinking, 'Can we develop Landry Jones to be the starter? Maybe two years from now, he could be our guy for the next 10 years.' We don't know. But with the contracts for quarterbacks these days, he'd certainly be a heck of a lot cheaper than Ben at age 34 or 35 or 36."

My biggest fear is that the team will not want to pay the type of money they will need to extend Big Ben. If that is the case I am not comfortable with the future QB being a 4th round wait a few years and see as opposed to drafting truly elite college QB who can start right away or maybe sit for 1 year max.

Thoughts?
    Landry is "Plan B."

You never know what is going to happen in this league. Ben could get crushed and be injured most of the next three years. Not probable, but possible. Under such a circumstance, they probably would not extend Ben especially for that kind of money.

If he does well, which we expect, they almost certainly would extend Ben. You do not let a franchise QB go who is healthy and playing well.

If the results are not obvious (somewhere in the middle of above), they will make a determination based on a cost benefit analysis and what they believe Ben could give them compared to Landry and his contract.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    There must be an echo on this board. I've said the same thing for weeks here and the sheep here tell me how wrong I am.

As soon as they can dump Ben and be cap friendly, he's done here.
    You said Ben would not be here in 2013 and you are wrong. The rest is just backpedaling.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Learn to read. Didn't say I liked the rain.

I could care less about the Rooney's. I don't cheer for the Rooney's, they aren't playing.
    Learn to read, i didnt say you did

****ing clown

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Landry is "Plan B."

You never know what is going to happen in this league. Ben could get crushed and be injured most of the next three years. Not probable, but possible. Under such a circumstance, they probably would not extend Ben especially for that kind of money.

If he does well, which we expect, they almost certainly would extend Ben. You do not let a franchise QB go who is healthy and playing well.

If the results are not obvious (somewhere in the middle of above), they will make a determination based on a cost benefit analysis and what they believe Ben could give them compared to Landry and his contract.

This!

Thread Information