Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tim Tebow Released

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    You can 3 step drop this defense to death.

Just have to be patient enough to stick with it.

That's why most of the elite QBs have owned Dick LeBeau's *** during his entire career.

Funny thing is when the Steelers flashed glimpses of physical press coverage, the success of opposing offenses went down significantly. Steelers have very fit, physical corners; let's hope they take advantage of that and play more physical in your face coverage. Makes the QB hold on to the ball longer, increasing chance for sacks / ints.

Would definitely like to see a more aggressive penetrating 3-4 upfront with the D-Line in lieu of the waltz they do now.

Regarding Tebow, the man should seriously go back to school, get a masters degree in Theology and become a Pastor / Minister.

Banned
    That's what's sad. They can play press coverage.

LeBeau won't let them.

My Mood
    Roflol
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    You can 3 step drop this defense to death.

Just have to be patient enough to stick with it.

That's why most of the elite QBs have owned Dick LeBeau's *** during his entire career.
    Ok genius explain your idea for criteria of owning a defense. Then give me Your list of elite QB's for the last decade.
    Fear da Beard

I don't always post, but when I do its on SteelerAddicts.com

Sponsered by the following:
    Cookies, Air, TP

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Number99 View Post
    Ok genius explain your idea for criteria of owning a defense. Then give me Your list of elite QB's for the last decade.
    Read this article, and weep.

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/kacsm...ype-steelers-d

I didn't write it, but the facts are too damning to ignore. And it covers basically his entire career as a DC.

The trends are the same, no matter where he's been.
    Last edited by Crash; 05-02-2013 at 02:53 AM.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive

I didn't write it, but the facts are too damning to ignore. And it covers basically his entire career as a DC.

I read it, cant argue with it. The top qb's hve always picked us apart. We do cowboy up against the run forcing teams to pass but without a solid cb, ss, fs we get torched. Facts are facts and numbers never lie...
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

My Mood
    Roflol

Kascmer is a great writer. And he has a very valid argument. But how many defenses stop great quarterbacks regularly? Great quarterbacks beat up the best of defenses year in and year out. Now have the Steelers had some letdowns over the last 10 years? Absolutely. But part of the blame should always go to the players. Most of the time it never doesn't. Coaches can call all the right plays but if the players don't execute them then you know what usually happens.

As long as the league itself continues to change the rules to allow offenses a greater chance to score points defenses will continue to fail more and more. And you can also twist the facts a bit that Kacsmer stated. How many loses in the last 10 years have the Steelers had total compared to teams like say the Browns or Cardinals or Lions just to name a few? And ultimately isn't the only thing that matters at seasons end is a superbowl victory? Name me a team that wins it every year?
    Fear da Beard

I don't always post, but when I do its on SteelerAddicts.com

Sponsered by the following:
    Cookies, Air, TP

2nd String
    Funny thing is stats and data can be skewed anyway you want them. Being just an average Joe, if I took the time, I could depose his claims with counter statistics if I took the time to do it. Yeah, just like any other team, they lose games in the closing minutes of the game. And like any other team, they win games in the closing minutes of the game.

And I would not have anyone else on the Steelers trying to do it than Roethlisberger. He was basically saying that Roethlisberger is the only reason we came back - well "duh." He should have told us the sky was blue - that would have been true insight from captain obvious. I would not have anyone else back there behind in the 4th quarter then Big Ben. That is obvious.

And Dick has how many SB's? He might not have been responsible for each SB game per-se, but he coached good enough to get them there and at least good enough not to lose. How many other OC's can claim multiple SB wins? After all, that is the entire reason for playing the game, no?

That article is suspect at best - at least the slant of the writer. Sheeesh. . ..

Banned
    Yeah it's suspect. I guess seeing the same thing over and over in the same situation is a mirage.

Thread Information