Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My thoughts on our Draft (Terrible)

Bookmark and Share
    Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelersWoman View Post
    I enjoyed your writing. Not sure the numbers add up (I came up with somewhere around a B- or a C+ depending on how your grading scale was--of course, I'm not the greatest at math, so I guess I could be wrong ). But overall, very nice
    Welcome to the forum! Was wondering how you came to like the Steelers over the other 31 teams?

The main reason I gave Steelers an A despite the grades averaging B-C was because I feel the emphasis of a draft is how well you draft at the top, I felt the top 4 picks were as good as they could have been and anything from 5+ is a lottery and I don't think it can be taken into the overall grade as much as the first 3-4 picks can.

The reason I support the Steelers is the very first post on my blog (Please go see :P) But essentially I was watching T.V late at night and came across Steelers vs Ravens , I loved the physicality the Steelers played with and this is the play I credit for making me a Steeler (This Play) And I'm Damn grateful for it.
    Last edited by Gianfranco Zogba; 04-29-2013 at 06:52 PM.

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Fine
    Oh yeah, GREAT play! Loved it...

Waterboy
    Can't tell if being sarcastic or not, I really hope not. If justification is needed for picking that play then here it is.
    For me it showed heart and determination. You have to understand that I had seen no football like this. Everytime I had seen a rusher get to the QB from the small amount of football I had seen the QB would just go down and surrender. Ben didn't do this, he never does and for me it shows the things I love about the Steelers.

By the way the (This Play) bit in my last reply is a link incase some of you can't find the link :P

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky#20 View Post
    I see 3 starters from this years draft. Jones,Bell and Wheaton, I should include Thomas because Troy will miss his usual 7-9 games.
    I don't think Wheaton will be a starter unless you consider the #3 or #4 WR to be a starter. Rookie WRs, even first rounders, rarely contribute much year 1, and that's with every team, not to mention how slow Pgh is to get rookies starting. Jones might not even start over Worilds. You know how this team is with getting young defenders on the field.

My Mood
    Addicted
    OP...averaging all of your grades I come out with an overall B grade.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Isnt our first Mini-Camp this weekend? Im interested to hear the rumblings after its over... Wish I could see it, lol.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Isnt our first Mini-Camp this weekend? Im interested to hear the rumblings after its over... Wish I could see it, lol.
    OTAs are May 21-23, 28-30, June 11-13.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/03...ule-announced/
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Guess i was a month off... Wishful thinking.

Thx but Careful Tarls... Your about to get scolded for your depot link dont you know thats a bad word around here...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Guess i was a month off... Wishful thinking.

Thx but Careful Tarls... Your about to get scolded for your depot link dont you know thats a bad word around here...
    Sorry, will not do again. I never go there. Honestly! ;-)
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information