Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Markus Wheaton - Outlook and expectations

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Tripling your income? Please... Try multiplying your current income 21x. That's the increase he got from his rookie contract to the one he signed with the dolphins. So Mr. Holier Than Thou... If you astronomically out-produced what you are currently making, while being in line for a raise, and your company just said "F*ck you" to you and overpaid one of your coworkers that has never come remotely close to sniffing your production, just to spite you, and you knew that by sticking it out with this company for one more year, knowing you wont be coming back, you would get your dream job, close to home, while getting a 21x pay increase (holy run-on sentence Batman)... you're saying that you would give 100 percent effort for the company you're currently working for 100 percent of the time (keeping in mind all I just said, while also keeping in mind that giving 100% effort 100% of the time increases your risk of not getting said dream job with said raise).

Please...

Miami was 7-9 last season (one game worse than the Steelers) and they are now fielding a much better team with the acquisitions of Wallace, Gibson, Ellerbe, Wheeler, the draft etc... Couple that with an improved, more experienced Tannehill (who can throw a nice deep ball), and Miami is looking like a team that'll be in contention for a wildcard spot. People really underestimate what a player like Wallace can do for an offense. Just being on the field is an immediate advantage. You cannot put less than 2 defenders on him and that opens the offense up for everyone else.*

So a player "quits" (AKA not giving 100 percent effort all the time) because the team didn't repay his efforts through his rookie contract (he was always a hard worker before the contract), and he's the devil... But when the Steelers and the "Steeler Way" quit on a player and do to him worse than Wallace did to the organization (Not abiding by their contract (which is the "Steeler Way") and giving a "pay cut or be cut" ultimatum, while ultimately cutting the player) it's the player (James Harrison) that's in the wrong cause he should've done the "Steeler Way" and taken less money. There's this false sense of loyalty that a lot of fans think the players owe the organization when it comes to things like the Wallace situation. Then the organization turns around and pulls the James Harrison situation and shows exactly why is a "false sense of loyalty"...

What are you reading? Wallace has gotten MUCH more hate and bashing that he didn't deserve than he's gotten "man-love"... He isn't a top 5 receiver in Steelers history? Way to go out in a limb with a statement like that about a 3-year starter. I guarantee you that if he would've gotten a contract extension here Wallace would've rewritten the record books for a Steelers WR.*
    Can your read? The comment about doubling or tripling an income was posted above mine. This selfish prick quit on his team and I have no respect for that. Just another in a long line of Steeler cast-offs that will soon be a forgotten commodity that took the money and ran. He got what he wanted, good for him. I will respect and cheer for the Steeler players that want to be here.

By the way, the last time the Dolphins won anything of importance a guy by the name Griese was QB and Nixon/Ford were in the White House.

Whatever happened to Thigpen, Washington, Holmes, etc? The F.O. was smart enough to know this was not a player they wanted around long term. Team chemistry my friend. How many Super Bowl rings do T.O. and Chad Johnson have combined? Probably less than Hines. The Steelers are team first and this me, me, me, greedy attitude such as Wallace emitted does not fare well with them. Even Randel El and Foote were smart enough to come back.

All anyone can quote are the TDs. Anyone think the third down catch over the middle to keep the drive alive (that yields a TD) is not important? How about blocking down field? How about a good set of hands and running sharp, crisp routes? Wallace excelled in none of these areas and in the words of Mike Tomlin (who may just know a little more than you): "One Trick Pony."

No matter a raise or not my friend, I do my job, bust my ***, and don't quit on my fellow workers or my company. END OF ****ING STORY!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ChucktownSteeler; 05-18-2013 at 02:52 PM.

My Mood
    Pimp

Markus Wheaton - Outlook and expectations

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Can your read? The comment about doubling or tripling an income was posted above mine. This selfish prick quit on his team and I have no respect for that. Just another in a long line of Steeler cast-offs that will soon be a forgotten commodity that took the money and ran. He got what he wanted, good for him. I will respect and cheer for the Steeler players that want to be here.

By the way, the last time the Dolphins won anything of importance a guy by the name Griese was QB and Nixon/Ford were in the White House.

Whatever happened to Thigpen, Washington, Holmes, etc? The F.O. was smart enough to know this was not a player they wanted around long term. Team chemistry my friend. How many Super Bowl rings do T.O. and Chad Johnson have combined? Probably less than Hines. The Steelers are team first and this me, me, me, greedy attitude such as Wallace emitted does not fare well with them. Even Randel El and Foote were smart enough to come back.

All anyone can quote are the TDs. Anyone think the third down catch over the middle to keep the drive alive (that yields a TD) is not important? How about blocking down field? How about a good set of hands and running sharp, crisp routes? Wallace excelled in none of these areas and in the words of Mike Tomlin (who may just know a little more than you): "One Trick Pony."

No matter a raise or not my friend, I do my job, bust my ***, and don't quit on my fellow workers or my company. END OF ****ING STORY!!!!!!!!!!
    Can "your" write?

Randle El and Larry Foote left for the money too...just sayin'.

More blind hate because of a holdout...getting old.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Can "your" write?

Foote and Randel El left, but they never "held out" or "quit" on their team. Like I said, leaving for more money is one thing, quitting on your team (while under contract) is quite another.

My Mood
    Impatient

Re: Markus Wheaton - Outlook and expectations

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Can "your" write?

Foote didn't leave for money, he wanted to start and Timmons was clearly going to get his spot.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    This was posted in Rotoworld today.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette anticipates third-round WR Markus Wheaton entering camp behind the "learning curve" because Oregon State's late graduation will keep him away from the Steelers until June 14.
    NFL rules prohibit players who haven't graduated from college from participating in full-squad offseason workouts until they do. Wheaton did take part in rookie camp, but he'll essentially miss all of OTA season. It's a reminder that Wheaton isn't a serious candidate to compete for a starting job as a rookie.
    Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette May 19 - 1:16 PM
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Outside of catches...You (and most other fans on here) don't realize the number that man out up whole he was here. He's had statistically one of the best starts to a career for a WR in NFL history.

Hines Ward (14 seasons): 1000 CAT, 12083 YDs, 85 TDs, 12.1 YPC
    Mike Wallace (4 seasons): 235 CAT, 4042 YDs, 32 TDs, 17.2 YPC

well half assed seasons won't get him anywhere.
    Wallace current stats over 14 seasons: 823 CAT, 14147 YDs, 112 TDs...

Now obviously we don't know how long he'd play and how long he'd be able to be productive, but he definitely had a chance had he stayed (seeing as how he'd be paid, happy, and hard working again). And if he were to end up with those stats, he'd be 20th in catches, 8th in yards, and 6th in TDs receptions in NFL history (as of now). Obviously it's not going to be easy to replicate those stats over such a long career, but there have been guys who've done it, even fellow "one-trick-ponies" like Randy Moss.
    Remember the early years when Ben didn't throw for more than 20 times a game compared to almost 35-40 now?

I wouldn't compare that ********'s stats with Hines Ward.

Wallace sucks anyway, he gets all his yardage from deep balls and when he goes up against a premier player the cretin disappears.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    Foote didn't leave for money, he wanted to start and Timmons was clearly going to get his spot.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    still didn't make a fuss, winge or cry about it.

hopefully tomorrow morning in the miami herald it will read "idiot wide receiver runs across motorway in the miami dade area"
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by scudmissile29 View Post
    still didn't make a fuss, winge or cry about it.

hopefully tomorrow morning in the miami herald it will read "idiot wide receiver runs across motorway in the miami dade area"
    Now that's some funny stuff right there.

Quote Originally Posted by scudmissile29 View Post
    Remember the early years when Ben didn't throw for more than 20 times a game compared to almost 35-40 now?

I wouldn't compare that ********'s stats with Hines Ward.

Wallace sucks anyway, he gets all his yardage from deep balls and when he goes up against a premier player the cretin disappears.
    Hines ward is the franchise leader in catches, yards, and TDs... Hense the comparison after I said if Wallace had continued his production here he'd rewrite the record book for a Steelers receiver. The number of times Ben threw early in his career has no relevance.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Hines Ward spent the prime of his career with top-notch QBs such as Kent Graham, Mike Tomzak, Koedell Stewart, Jim Miller, etc. Noll kept him a gunner on special teams the first few years and for whatever reason the Steeler drafted a few #1 WRs until they realized what they had in Hines. IMHO opinion, 1,000 catches could have easily been 1,200 or more, under better circumstances.

Hard and really unfair to compare when you think what Hines might have had with a real QB in his prime.

Thread Information