Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Markus Wheaton - Outlook and expectations

Bookmark and Share
    I think Wheaton will be a great third receiver late in the season. He comes with accolades and hopefully no weed or multiple children from different mothers to follow him. Santonio still irks me. He could have been great. Wheaton will be wearing #10. I hope Richard Mann can help him get technical things taken care of and get him on the field ASAP. People are righting us off, but if Wheaton shows up with the rest of the WR corps, we will be right there in the big game again.

Rookie Free Agent
    For the life of the Steelers I can't understand the constant knock on Wallace. All the guy wanted was paid and any of you who work for a living would jump at the chance to double or triple your salary if given the opportunity. Wallace would probably have had 10-15 more touchdowns if Rothlisberger would have learned how to air it out. How many times did Wallace have to stop and come back for balls. And everybody drops one occasionally. Management played the waiting game on both he and Lewis and got burned. I was a Steeler fan since they were running the single wing and will die one, but I also hope Mike Wallace goes to Miami and shows Colbert he made a mistake!

Look at Santonio's career after leaving Pittsburgh and I can't imagine it getting better anytime soon.

I'm willing to bet Mike Wallace crashes and burns in Miami too. He's not as good as he thinks he is and that franchise has many of the same inconsistency issues that the Jets do. Good riddance.

I don't hold anything against Wallace. These guys don't last long anymore so they have to go for the money when they can. The Steelers tried with an offer and Mikey took the gamble and won. Mind you his effort last year was subpar at best. We have our 'new' guys to get excited about. Wheaton, Bell, Jones and Thomas. Love the Steelers!

My Mood
    Manic
    weaton is wearing # 11 he was 2 in college 1+1 =2

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    weaton is wearing # 11 he was 2 in college 1+1 =2
    lol works for me

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by norcojim View Post
    For the life of the Steelers I can't understand the constant knock on Wallace. All the guy wanted was paid and any of you who work for a living would jump at the chance to double or triple your salary if given the opportunity. Wallace would probably have had 10-15 more touchdowns if Rothlisberger would have learned how to air it out. How many times did Wallace have to stop and come back for balls. And everybody drops one occasionally. Management played the waiting game on both he and Lewis and got burned. I was a Steeler fan since they were running the single wing and will die one, but I also hope Mike Wallace goes to Miami and shows Colbert he made a mistake!
    I might want a raise and would jump a tripling my income, no doubt. But understanding economics and the cap, I wouldn't quit on my team (company) if I didn't get it. Wallace quit on his team and played "soft" in lieu of his fear of getting hurt and missing his big "payday". Not the Steeler way. Wallace quit and can kiss my ***.

You got your money, I hope you enjoy losing 10-12 games a year in Miami, you selfish prick.

I am tired of the "man-love" for Wallace. He's not even in the top-5 Steeler WR's of all-time, IMHO.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    I might want a raise and would jump a tripling my income, no doubt. But understanding economics and the cap, I wouldn't quit on my team (company) if I didn't get it. Wallace quit on his team and played "soft" in lieu of his fear of getting hurt and missing his big "payday". Not the Steeler way. Wallace quit and can kiss my ***
    Tripling your income? Please... Try multiplying your current income 21x. That's the increase he got from his rookie contract to the one he signed with the dolphins. So Mr. Holier Than Thou... If you astronomically out-produced what you are currently making, while being in line for a raise, and your company just said "F*ck you" to you and overpaid one of your coworkers that has never come remotely close to sniffing your production, just to spite you, and you knew that by sticking it out with this company for one more year, knowing you wont be coming back, you would get your dream job, close to home, while getting a 21x pay increase (holy run-on sentence Batman)... you're saying that you would give 100 percent effort for the company you're currently working for 100 percent of the time (keeping in mind all I just said, while also keeping in mind that giving 100% effort 100% of the time increases your risk of not getting said dream job with said raise).

Please...

You got your money, I hope you enjoy losing 10-12 games a year in Miami, you selfish prick
    Miami was 7-9 last season (one game worse than the Steelers) and they are now fielding a much better team with the acquisitions of Wallace, Gibson, Ellerbe, Wheeler, the draft etc... Couple that with an improved, more experienced Tannehill (who can throw a nice deep ball), and Miami is looking like a team that'll be in contention for a wildcard spot. People really underestimate what a player like Wallace can do for an offense. Just being on the field is an immediate advantage. You cannot put less than 2 defenders on him and that opens the offense up for everyone else.*

Not the Steeler way.

So a player "quits" (AKA not giving 100 percent effort all the time) because the team didn't repay his efforts through his rookie contract (he was always a hard worker before the contract), and he's the devil... But when the Steelers and the "Steeler Way" quit on a player and do to him worse than Wallace did to the organization (Not abiding by their contract (which is the "Steeler Way") and giving a "pay cut or be cut" ultimatum, while ultimately cutting the player) it's the player (James Harrison) that's in the wrong cause he should've done the "Steeler Way" and taken less money. There's this false sense of loyalty that a lot of fans think the players owe the organization when it comes to things like the Wallace situation. Then the organization turns around and pulls the James Harrison situation and shows exactly why is a "false sense of loyalty"...

I am tired of the "man-love" for Wallace. He's not even in the top-5 Steeler WR's of all-time, IMHO.
    What are you reading? Wallace has gotten MUCH more hate and bashing that he didn't deserve than he's gotten "man-love"... He isn't a top 5 receiver in Steelers history? Way to go out in a limb with a statement like that about a 3-year starter. I guarantee you that if he would've gotten a contract extension here Wallace would've rewritten the record books for a Steelers WR.*

My Mood
    Addicted
    why u sticking up for mike wallace?

wallace is a ****, and I wouldn't care if he got drive byed down in south beach... kinda hoping for it as well

I guarantee you that if he would've gotten a contract extension here Wallace would've rewritten the record books for a Steelers WR. 
    lol what u smoking today?
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scudmissile29 View Post
    lol what u smoking today?
    Outside of catches...You (and most other fans on here) don't realize the number that man out up whole he was here. He's had statistically one of the best starts to a career for a WR in NFL history.

Hines Ward (14 seasons): 1000 CAT, 12083 YDs, 85 TDs, 12.1 YPC
    Mike Wallace (4 seasons): 235 CAT, 4042 YDs, 32 TDs, 17.2 YPC

Wallace current stats over 14 seasons: 823 CAT, 14147 YDs, 112 TDs...

Now obviously we don't know how long he'd play and how long he'd be able to be productive, but he definitely had a chance had he stayed (seeing as how he'd be paid, happy, and hard working again). And if he were to end up with those stats, he'd be 20th in catches, 8th in yards, and 6th in TDs receptions in NFL history (as of now). Obviously it's not going to be easy to replicate those stats over such a long career, but there have been guys who've done it, even fellow "one-trick-ponies" like Randy Moss.
    Last edited by Big T; 05-18-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Thread Information