Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Thomas is going to be a good one.

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    We turned the ball over 3 times early in the game including a pick/six. The defense was shell shocked by what the offense was doing. You take away those uncharacteristic turnovers, and we beat the Packers.

And the Packers wide outs were dropping those balls mostly out of intimidation. Some were flubs, but alot of them were alligator arms.
    I know I watched the game so I know all about the turn overs......But still how can anybody defend the play of defense in the loss to the Pack?......The offense sucked as well....It was a total team loss......But I will not make excuses for the defense since turn overs happen in football games but the defense did nothing to help win that football game.......Would have been nice if our D could have forced some turn overs you know......Like I said it was a team loss to the Pack and I put both equal blame on offense and defense.....Oh well there is really no point on going back and forth about it since it is what is at this point a loss....

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    No excuses. Those are reasons. We were down + 14 before we knew what happened. It truly was a team loss. But the catalyst was the offensive turnovers early.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Mad
    No excuses. Those are reasons. We were down + 14 before we knew what happened. It truly was a team loss. But the catalyst was the offensive turnovers early.
    agree the turn overs put the team in the hole but we saw the team respond like champions in Super Bowl XLIII and I use that Super Bowl as an example since it was mostly the same team in place for Super Bowl XLV (especially the defense).....It just wasn't in the cards against the Pack....Really sucks to let that Super Bowl slip away and despite the team playing so poorly they still were close at the end.....Football is a funny game like that sometimes.....But really I don't complain too much about the game overall since I have seen the Steelers win two Lombardi's in my lifetime.....Really it would suck to be a Lions or Browns fan so that always brings me back to reality....lol

Assistant Coach
    We turned the ball over 3 times early in the game including a pick/six. The defense was shell shocked by what the offense was doing. You take away those uncharacteristic turnovers, and we beat the Packers.

And the Packers wide outs were dropping those balls mostly out of intimidation. Some were flubs, but alot of them were alligator arms.
    yea, they were shell shocked by what the Packers offense was doing... which was passing all over the field at will.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Assistant Coach
    and yet, had the Steeler defense gotten a 3rd down stop on either of the Packers 4th quarter drives...

The Steeler defense gave up 80, 55, and 53 yd TD drives...
    They gave up 6 completions over 20 yards.... that's terrible performance in a super bowl

the offense choked (turnovers)
    the defense also choked (TDs, 3rd down conversions, big plays)

blaming one over the other is silly
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Thomas was signed today. Great...so he won't miss a thing in OTA's

My Mood
    Mad
    Thomas seems to love football and just wants to be the best player he can be....I think this kid is quickly going to become a fan favorite.........

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Thomas seems to love football and just wants to be the best player he can be....I think this kid is quickly going to become a fan favorite.........
    He was in upstate NY, so I suspect they will like him in the Burgh as well...
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    If he's the terror in the secondary the way I think he is, he'll have me wearing his jersey. LOL

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by scudmissile29 View Post
    Yeah, FORMER is the key word

You stupid ****.
    TROY IS A VETERAN just that fact means a future hall of famer should and will start ahead of thomas troy will likely finish his contract and retire so why rush thomas in there platoon him

Thread Information