Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Thomas is going to be a good one.

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    Define "healthy." If you mean, as in, healthy enough to play, I think Thomas COULD be better if it's the half speed Troy we are talking about. If you mean, Troy at his best, then I agree. But I don't know if we will ever see that Troy again. Not sure.
    Healthy is healthy, aka not injured. One can sometimes play injured, but you are still injured.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by scudmissile29 View Post
    Troy is past it.

The only person who I think at 35+ as an athlete that can actually be a factor is Terrell Owens in the NFL.

excluding qbs, kicker and punter ofc.
    Troy is 32.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Troy is 32.
    32 is still old for a guy that would usually run a 4.3 in college, probably runs close to 4.5 now
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

thomas should start instead of polamalu imo
    Troy should start this year. But like most are saying, I agree Troy will be out by week 4 or 5. Thomas will get plenty of playing time as a rookie. Maybe next year he'll be ready to start from week 1, only time will tell.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    He wasn't overrated in his prime, but he sure is now. Other than Mendenhall's fumble, he was the key reason we lost Super Bowl 45. They picked on him all game. He was not whole then and was not whole most of last year. I am sick of seeing him in a T shirt on the sidelines. I'd rather he just be gone than look at that every week.
    Polamalu was? I give the sole blame to James Farrior. He was absolutely wretched that game.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    To be honest the entire defense was picked on in Super Bowl XLV against the Packers and really the entire defense played liked crap......

32 is still old for a guy that would usually run a 4.3 in college, probably runs close to 4.5 now
    no way, hes fragile and older but hes still like a dart out there. He is one of the more freakishly athletic safeties even in his old age

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    To be honest the entire defense was picked on in Super Bowl XLV against the Packers and really the entire defense played liked crap......
    Maybe...but the defense was put in terrible positions by the turnovers by the offense early on. Including that pick six that Ben threw from the end zone.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Maybe...but the defense was put in terrible positions by the turnovers by the offense early on. Including that pick six that Ben threw from the end zone.
    I never said the offense wasn't to blame and didn't mistakes as well.....But in that loss to the Packers the Steelers defense made no big plays and really couldn't come up with key stops at all in that game....Aaron Rodgers was surgical and picked apart the defense......Really the game would have been a blow out if it wasn't for all the drops by the Packers WR's........

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    We turned the ball over 3 times early in the game including a pick/six. The defense was shell shocked by what the offense was doing. You take away those uncharacteristic turnovers, and we beat the Packers.

And the Packers wide outs were dropping those balls mostly out of intimidation. Some were flubs, but alot of them were alligator arms.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information