Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thomas is going to be a good one.

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    There isn't any former NFL MVPs on the Steelers roster.....Now former DPOY would be correct........Plus Troy will be hurt by week 3 anyway....lol
    Exactly LOL.

I just hope Thomas doesn't get ****ed like Sanders or Spence.

I was so high on Spence and everyone was beginning to love him then he gets ****ed in that pre-season game :S
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    Yeah, FORMER is the key word

You stupid ****.
    Ya well if JJ Watt doesn't win DPOY next year he'll be FORMER DPOY as well so that argument means nothing. I love Thomas as much as anyone but saying he should come in as a rookie and start of Polamalu is ridiculous. When Troy was healthy at the end of the year he looked good. Ya he was banged up all year but people tend to forget that he missed TWO games the previous two years COMBINED. Thomas will get playing time spelling both Clark and Polamalu throughout the season. And he'll probably start a few games if/when either get banged up.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Yeah, FORMER is the key word

You stupid ****.
    If Troy is healthy, he is the best defensive player on the team and plays. A no brainer.

Of course, the being "healthy" part is the issue.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Addicted
    troy is overrated.

he's good but people need to stop ballwashing this dude
    Wallace sucks.
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

2nd String
    troy is overrated.

He wasn't overrated in his prime, but he sure is now. Other than Mendenhall's fumble, he was the key reason we lost Super Bowl 45. They picked on him all game. He was not whole then and was not whole most of last year. I am sick of seeing him in a T shirt on the sidelines. I'd rather he just be gone than look at that every week.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    troy is overrated.

When Troy is healthy, the defense is so much more diverse and aggressive it is sick. He frees up so much of the stuff DL likes to do. The entire D (see last two seasons for an example), becomes much more vanilla and reactive when he is not there.

The thought that a rookie Thomas (who I watched in every game last season and I love) is better than a healthy Troy is absurd.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

2nd String
    Which in today's league draws fines. The mentality is that devastating hits be found in violation of rules, as a legal hit could never, ever, ever, lay somebody out in a such a manner.

Quote Originally Posted by hooles36bus View Post
    If Thomas catches on fast, just to give Polamalu and Clark a breathier. I would sure hate to be a receiver or TE to come across the middle and have to worry about Thomas or Clark laying down the BOOM. Because those 2 like to go for the big hit and separation.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    When Troy is healthy, the defense is so much more diverse and aggressive it is sick. He frees up so much of the stuff DL likes to do. The entire D (see last two seasons for an example), becomes much more vanilla and reactive when he is not there.

The thought that a rookie Thomas (who I watched in every game last season and I love) is better than a healthy Troy is absurd.
    Define "healthy." If you mean, as in, healthy enough to play, I think Thomas COULD be better if it's the half speed Troy we are talking about. If you mean, Troy at his best, then I agree. But I don't know if we will ever see that Troy again. Not sure.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post

Troy is past it.

The only person who I think at 35+ as an athlete that can actually be a factor is Terrell Owens in the NFL.

excluding qbs, kicker and punter ofc.
    Wallace sucks.

Assuming Thomas is super durable?

Thread Information