Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thomas is going to be a good one.

Bookmark and Share

Thomas is going to be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Im working on my outlook threads, just finished wheaton but i cant ****ing wait to do my shamarko write up, this man is going to be a fan favorite
    Thanks!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

2nd String
    I just hope he isn't another Anthony Smith in that he was a terror in college but never got the NFL down and was just too stupid to ever make it. And I hope that he isn't too much like Bob Sanders, in that he juiced up to get all that muscle on that small frame, and it was just too much wear and tear on the body and he was hurt all the time. That Colts D was so much better with him on the field. Without him, anyone could run for huge yards. With him, not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    I just hope he isn't another Anthony Smith in that he was a terror in college but never got the NFL down and was just too stupid to ever make it. And I hope that he isn't too much like Bob Sanders, in that he juiced up to get all that muscle on that small frame, and it was just too much wear and tear on the body and he was hurt all the time. That Colts D was so much better with him on the field. Without him, anyone could run for huge yards. With him, not the case.
    I read somewhere that he played nickel sometimes in college, also when they played USC he checked Robert Woods anywhere he lined up. I don't think we have to worry about him being another crash dummy lol.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Thomas is going to play a ton as rookie since I'm sure Troy will miss 10 games again this season....

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Thomas is going to play a ton as rookie since I'm sure Troy will miss 10 games again this season....
    I hope not but wouldn't bet against it.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    I hope not but wouldn't bet against it.
    I already have moved on with Troy.....I don't count on him to play more then 4 games at this point.....Glad they made the move to get Thomas......

My Mood
    Addicted
    I knew we were going to get a safety, I wanted Elam in the second but the Rats took him at the end of the first. Thomas is a great pick and we should get a 3rd round comp. next year for Wallace so it was a great move. We lost Mundy (no great loss) and Will Allen (serviceable, but long of tooth), so I thought safety would be a priority.

I like the pick.

My Mood
    Mad
    I just found this out and really it tells you on how much they liked Thomas.......When the Steelers traded their 3rd round pick of the 2014 draft it was the first time they had traded away a pick in a future draft since 1973......40 freaking years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I just found this out and really it tells you on how much they liked Thomas.......When the Steelers traded their 3rd round pick of the 2014 draft it was the first time they had traded away a pick in a future draft since 1973......40 freaking years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tells me that they had probably targeted Thomas all along then.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Shamarko was one of my top 5-10 favorite players in the entire draft. I'm not sure it would be possible for me to be happier about a 4th round pick. I thought the guy had a real shot at being a 2nd rounder. I didn't think he'd make it out of the 4th. I really do think he'll end up being a steal of this draft. There's just so much to like about him. The Bob Sanders comparison is obvious. Both built the same, play the game similarly. He's a missle with ball skills, very good tackler, he was asked to play all over the place at Syracuse (SS, FS, corner, nickel, **** he blanketed Robert Woods the whole game against USC), he's a hard worker and a high character guy. There's just so much to like about him. I agree with Lake, if he was 6'0 he would've been a 1st rounder. Real excited about Thomas... Obviously lol.

Thread Information