Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: QB landry jones 4th rd draft choice

Bookmark and Share
    Hey Gradkowski and Jones...........all day over Leftwich and Batch. This alone is a serious upgrade for Pitt.

Banned
    As soon as the Steelers feel its cap feasible to dump Ben they will.

Art wants 1975, Ben doesn't.

Art wants Haley on the staff, Ben and most everyone else doesn't.

Ben will become the first QB in NFL history to win a Super Bowl with two different teams.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chisteeler View Post
    Everyone just needs to relax. We all have been saying that we need to eventually find Ben's backup and eventual replacement. So now that we have, everyone just shits a brick. I actually like the pick. I think he will learn the system and be ready when called on. Remember, Ben was a rookie at one time (yes a 1st rounder), but if the kid can ball, then let the coaches do what they do and be happy that someone is in here to learn the system and be ready to go.
    It's like you guys want every first round prospect at best value and have no understanding of the game or the maturation process at the QB position. For the last few years, you all have been saying that we should be drafting Ben's replacement and looking toward the future, because he is not going to last forever. So when we do, you bitch about it. It' like you would rather we not get the future QB now and then when Ben goes down or gets traded or retires, then you run to the site to say,"I told you so, we should've got Landrey Jones in the 4th round." Well we got him, so buck up and stop bitching about it! You might be pleasantly surprised.
    I want Ben to retire a Steeler.

This pick insures that he won't. They are setting up for his release or trade because they won't pay him the $50-$60 in guaranteed money to keep him.

Crash you can't possibly believe half the ridiculous **** you post. You say this **** over and over (Ben WON'T be a Steeler in 2013) and sound even more foolish when your little guarantees don't come true. You can backpedal all you want (they didn't release Ben this year because of the cap, blah blah blah)... The fact of the matter is you make ridiculous, ignorant, and downright stupid statements based on your own made up "facts" and assumptions.

Ben will retire a Steeler unless HE makes the decision to leave. If he does leave money won't be the reason,I think the Steelers will pay what ever the price to keep him. I don't know the cap numbers and all that but in the next two years a lot of money should be coming off the books Troy, Keisel , and Clark. This is just about to be completely Ben's team, just about all the vets are gone and more are leaving. I think Ben is comfortable there and has heard enough stories from guys coming back to know whats best for him. I just realize that Ben will be the oldest player on the team in about two years lol.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

I don't know, don't flame me but I can see Ben in AZ one day if BA keeps the job! Not anytime soon but down the road..

For right now, cut the two old guys loose and let's roll with the three..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by polamalu43 View Post
    Hey Gradkowski and Jones...........all day over Leftwich and Batch. This alone is a serious upgrade for Pitt.
    The ONLY thing Grad has over Batch and Lefty is relative youth. His career numbers are pathetic.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Crash you can't possibly believe half the ridiculous **** you post. You say this **** over and over (Ben WON'T be a Steeler in 2013) and sound even more foolish when your little guarantees don't come true. You can backpedal all you want (they didn't release Ben this year because of the cap, blah blah blah)... The fact of the matter is you make ridiculous, ignorant, and downright stupid statements based on your own made up "facts" and assumptions.
    Name another "franchise QB" who's treated like an outcast like Ben is?

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Name another "franchise QB" who's treated like an outcast like Ben is?
    Where the Hell do you come up with that $hit....Outcast???????The Coaches adore BR7...... most fans love him.......We drafted over the past 2 seasons to protect him........I know an "Outcast" and it isn't BR7.......

Banned
    Where the Hell do you come up with that $hit....Outcast???????
    Have you heard Art II tell Troy to tweak his game yet?

Have you seen Art treat a defensive coach the ****** way he treated BA?

Art's the issue. When he's hiring coaches based on the fact that a coach yelled at Tom Brady? That's a problem.

Art's not going to pay Ben the $50-$60 million guaranteed it will take to extend him.

And IMO Ben's not going to want to finish his career in Haley's garbage system.

So one has to go. And it won't be Dickie Haley's boy.

The local media is the same way. THey still bring up Reno and Georgia, and yet today Joe Starkey wrote such a tear jerker on local Yinzer Charlie Batch.....with NO MENTION of the heinous crime that he was accused of.

Thread Information