Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: QB landry jones 4th rd draft choice

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String
    I read where they said that Jones was perfect for the Pgh passing attack....really? So Jones does well when the O line is a sieve and pass rushers get immediate penetration? Funny, but the exact opposite is true. He crumbles from any pressure; the exact opposite of what you'd want Jones to have to deal with.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Ya ok what?....lol So they're just going to hand the backup job to Landry Jones?...lol Ya ok.....lol Just **** competition and its clear ****ing Jones is the next Tom Brady...lol Jones crumbles under pressure and needs to work on that if he wants to make it in the NFL......
    Ya Ok.......

Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    I read where they said that Jones was perfect for the Pgh passing attack....really? So Jones does well when the O line is a sieve and pass rushers get immediate penetration? Funny, but the exact opposite is true. He crumbles from any pressure; the exact opposite of what you'd want Jones to have to deal with.
    i guess that when teams draft a player they are not thinking on their potential negatives nor on the teams weaknesses i guess they are thinking strategy wise, system wise

also if you think that your gonna fail, it will happen your bound to fail

My Mood
    Addicted
    Dink and dunk is Haley style so i love the pick....

This is awsome. The last QB to run such a crappy and un-atheltic 40 was Tom Brady. This kid is off to a great start!

Draft Pick
    Everyone just needs to relax. We all have been saying that we need to eventually find Ben's backup and eventual replacement. So now that we have, everyone just shits a brick. I actually like the pick. I think he will learn the system and be ready when called on. Remember, Ben was a rookie at one time (yes a 1st rounder), but if the kid can ball, then let the coaches do what they do and be happy that someone is in here to learn the system and be ready to go.
    It's like you guys want every first round prospect at best value and have no understanding of the game or the maturation process at the QB position. For the last few years, you all have been saying that we should be drafting Ben's replacement and looking toward the future, because he is not going to last forever. So when we do, you bitch about it. It' like you would rather we not get the future QB now and then when Ben goes down or gets traded or retires, then you run to the site to say,"I told you so, we should've got Landrey Jones in the 4th round." Well we got him, so buck up and stop bitching about it! You might be pleasantly surprised.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Thank you.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

All I know is, I can't wait until the *******s among us start calling for Landry Jones to start the moment Ben Roethlisberger throws two INTs in a game.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    All I know is, I can't wait until the *******s among us start calling for Landry Jones to start the moment Ben Roethlisberger throws two INTs in a game.
    That will never be me since Ben is my guy and I can't stand Oklahoma QB's........

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Of course rooting for Jones to make it as the backup QB oneday.....Don't like that he tends to crumble under pressure and look at the QBs during the Bob Stoops era....Not really promising if you ask me....Really the jury is still out on Sam Bradford......

Thread Information