Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Love the Wheaton pick

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    Ratbird Slayer Farrior Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,498
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    A 5'11 rookie WR on a team with one of the worst passing offenses in the league and no big professional WRs. Very exciting.



    They don't have one and they haven't bothered drafting one yet either. It's great.
    All I can figure is that Heath is recovering very well. If he is not.....it is going to be even harder to watch our O in 13 than it was in 12.

    As for Wheaton, the thing I have noticed is how well he catches long balls over his shoulder in stride. Even if he is a fraction slower than Wallace that can be the thing that gives Ben the confidence to throw it deep to him.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

  2. #22
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Wheaton will have a rookie year close to what Mike Wallace did his rookie year.......I'm not comparing him to Wallace but just think he can match Mike's production from his rookie year and think Wheaton is a damn good football player....

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    C-Town
    Posts
    3,950
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Wheaton, Dunn, and Woods these cats will make our receiver core deadly if they work out, we will forget about Wallace by week 5 lol

  4. #24
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    281
    Listening to CBS Sports radio today they were going over the Steelers picks. The host (don't know who), said that Wheaton will be a starter before the season is too long. He said Wheaton is faster, stronger and has better hands than Sanders.
    He also said that Thomas is so explosive he is going to be hard to keep off the field.

  5. #25
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,566
    Exactly.

    I forsee Wheaton on one side with AB on the other and Sanders working the middle of the field with the TE (whoever he's going to be).

    And they are saying Wheaton is a better route runner then Wallace RIGHT NOW!
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  6. #26
    Starter LevonKirkland99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Redskins country
    Posts
    1,610
    Wallace was a bust in termsnof being a team player....Hope Wheaton can produce better that the bust aka MW
    "HAIL TO PITT"

  7. #27
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,566
    Mike Wallace quit on this team last year. That's unforgivable in my book.

    F*uck him.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  8. #28
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Exactly.

    I forsee Wheaton on one side with AB on the other and Sanders working the middle of the field with the TE (whoever he's going to be).

    And they are saying Wheaton is a better route runner then Wallace RIGHT NOW!
    Thats not saying much though if I'm perfectly honest. Wallace has elite speed, and he is probably the best WR in the league when it comes to adjusting to a deep ball. He is a terrible route-runner though. He can run the deep routes fairly well, and he can run a slant (which is probably the easiest route to run). The other routes, from what I've seen, is pretty abysmal. That is not to say that he really needs to be able to run many more routes than that, because Miami will not ask him to do much more than be freaking fast, which he will do very well.

    Wheaton said he can run a 4.3, which is very doubtful. He can probably be a 4.35 on a fast track, or realistically a 4.4 which is still pretty fast. He'll not be asked to just blaze by defenders like Wallace anyway. In that regard, he is probably better suited for what Haley is trying to do on offense.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

  9. #29
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,942
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Thats not saying much though if I'm perfectly honest. Wallace has elite speed, and he is probably the best WR in the league when it comes to adjusting to a deep ball. He is a terrible route-runner though. He can run the deep routes fairly well, and he can run a slant (which is probably the easiest route to run). The other routes, from what I've seen, is pretty abysmal. That is not to say that he really needs to be able to run many more routes than that, because Miami will not ask him to do much more than be freaking fast, which he will do very well.

    Wheaton said he can run a 4.3, which is very doubtful. He can probably be a 4.35 on a fast track, or realistically a 4.4 which is still pretty fast. He'll not be asked to just blaze by defenders like Wallace anyway. In that regard, he is probably better suited for what Haley is trying to do on offense.
    i think he could crack the 4.3s but hes an easy 4.4 guy

    Wallace is a horrible slant runner btw, Holmes was brilliant at it and i dont think its the easiest route to run just like its not the easiest route to cover.

  10. #30
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,111
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think he could crack the 4.3s but hes an easy 4.4 guy

    Wallace is a horrible slant runner btw, Holmes was brilliant at it and i dont think its the easiest route to run just like its not the easiest route to cover.
    well, from the limited playing I've done (7v7), I always found the slant to be the easiest. I'm on board with the notion that its not easy to defend, but I never found it particularly difficult to run per say. It might not be easy to do it the way Holmes can, but Holmes is a genius at it, so I don't think its a fair comparison anyway.

    On that topic, I think Wallace was terrible at the slant coming out, but watching the tape from last year I actually think he developed a pretty good understanding as to the mechanics etc. In any case, my point still stands in regards to his disability to impress anyone with his short-passing route-running (if you can phrase it that way).
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Wheaton is the WR.
    By USMC607 in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 10:02 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 09:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •