Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think Bell over Lacy??

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    No one really knows how good Lacey is because he ran through gaping holes the Alabama lined had opened up for him.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    There was reasons teams passed on Dan Marino and Joe Montana as well......Tom Brady....I could go on and on.......Teams passing on Lacy doesn't mean **** and make the Steelers drafting of Bell the right move.......
    We get it bro. You hate the pick. Give it time for this to play out. Besides shouldn't you be concentrating on work right now till 11:30?

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    We get it bro. You hate the pick. Give it time for this to play out. Besides shouldn't you be concentrating on work right now till 11:30?
    I'm off today since you always seem so interested on what the **** I'm doing........

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    Don't know much about bell. Lacy I heard had some foot problems. Gb ended up taking him.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Not a fan of the RB in R2 but gotta trust the boys. I really wanted Stedman Bailey too!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I'm off today since you always seem so interested on what the **** I'm doing........
    I'm beginning to see that the haters have no solid points. So, I’m getting more excited about the pick.

Quote:
    "There's not a lot of big size running backs this year, (except) Le'Veon Bell out of Michigan State"

NFL All-Pro RB Steven Jackson says Michigan State's Le'Veon Bell reminds him of himself...

But rarely is the question reversed. However, on Tuesday, in a conference call with media breaking down the 2013 NFL draft, veteran running back Steven Jackson was asked which running back in this year's draft class reminded him most of himself.

His answer: Former Spartan running back Le'Veon Bell.

"There's not a lot of big size running backs this year, (except) Le'Veon Bell out of Michigan State," Jackson said. "(He has the) ability to run behind his path and stay in a physical conference like the Big Ten. He would probably be the closest in this draft."

High praise from the all-time leading rusher in St. Louis Rams' history. Jackson, who signed a three-year, $12 million contract with the Atlanta Falcons in mid-March, rushed for 10,135 yards and 56 touchdowns in St. Louis as one of the league's premier backs.

Both Jackson and Bell are 6-foot-2 and pack a punch, Bell weighing at 230-pounds and Jackson at 240-pounds. Jackson has spent nine years in the NFL after being drafted with the 24th pick overall by the Rams in 2004.

The comparison would likely thrill Bell, who compared his running style to Jackson's a month ago at Michigan State's Pro Day. Now time to grow that hair out.

And home field advatage for Bell..

Bell said he grew up in a home filled with Steelers' fans, so the pick was a popular one.

"There was a whole bunch of screaming and yelling, everybody was just so ectastic that I got drafted by the Steelers, because they're all Steeler fans,'' Bell said. "I am glad I achieved my goal.''

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    It's nice to draft someone who wants to be a Steeler. I'm soooo looking forward to seeing our running game.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I love the pick. One big advantage with Bell over Lacey is the games in December and January. Bell is from the Big 10, used to the elements. Has Lacey ever even seen snow?

Thread Information