Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, who sits? ILB and JJ?

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String

Angry So, who sits? ILB and JJ?

I have been looking for the quotes of Colbert where he supposedly said JJ will start. I have not found that. I did find a quote from Tomlin where he said JJ is mature, but that he is a still a rookie and will have to develop (before he plays).

And for those of you who think he is going to start, who would sit? Woodley or Worilds? I don't see one of them sitting.

So, that brings me to....could JJ start at ILB next to Timmons? I have read where it said JJ could play ILB. Is that possible?

IDK, in LeBARFS ultimately complex system, JJ won't be ready to play for years, most likely. You need to acquire a doctorate degree and pass calculus before you can play in LeBarf's system.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Ice cream,

Go to the press conference that Tomlin and Cobert had last night. Both were sitting at the table together and Colbert said that Jones is one of the special players he was referring to in an earlier statement that could come in and start right away.

Both of them were acted like they stole Jones and had silly smirks on their faces and talking with glee in their voices.

Go to www.steelers.com and you'll find it.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Ice cream,

Go to the press conference that Tomlin and Cobert had last night. Both were sitting at the table together and Colbert said that Jones is one of the special players he was referring to in an earlier statement that could come in and start right away.

Both of them were acted like they stole Jones and had silly smirks on their faces and talking with glee in their voices.

that statement right there...justified smirks, 2 years in a row that got away with robbery in the first round.

And seriously ice cream, youre among the least informed members of this forum. People like you embarrass me. If you can be dumb and look foolish enough to embarrass me, i cant imagine how you must feel day after day. Who the **** cares if he sits or starts day one, they got away with a fantastic player in the draft and should be excited about him and look forward to him becoming a contributor whether hes a "starter" or not. In 2 years jones will be the best player on our defense, why does the immediate short term matter to you so ****ing much? are you dying? its ok you can tell us
    Last edited by K Train; 04-26-2013 at 03:00 PM.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Ice cream,

Colbert did not actually say in the press conference that Jarvis will/can come in and start but it only takes a modicum of common sense to read between the lines that they expect him to A) contribute from day 1, and B) probably start some time this season.

However, ICG has been operating on a false premise that Colbert said NO ROOKIE in the ENTIRE DRAFT could come and and start for us. Colbert never said nor implied any such thing but ICG feels that if he repeats it enough times in enough threads it will be true.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Colbert did not actually say in the press conference that Jarvis will/can come in and start but it only takes a modicum of common sense to read between the lines that they expect him to A) contribute from day 1, and B) probably start some time this season.

However, ICG has been operating on a false premise that Colbert said NO ROOKIE in the ENTIRE DRAFT could come and and start for us. Colbert never said nor implied any such thing but ICG feels that if he repeats it enough times in enough threads it will be true.
    Oh, he never said it? I am still waiting for one of you balloon heads to tell me who will be benched for JJ to start and no one seems to be able to answer that. Here is what KC actually said, not what the who haaaa patrol will tell you.

"I never do because I think there is always a growing process that has to occur," Colbert explained.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    that statement right there...justified smirks, 2 years in a row that got away with robbery in the first round.

And seriously ice cream, youre among the least informed members of this forum. People like you embarrass me. If you can be dumb and look foolish enough to embarrass me, i cant imagine how you must feel day after day. Who the **** cares if he sits or starts day one, they got away with a fantastic player in the draft and should be excited about him and look forward to him becoming a contributor whether hes a "starter" or not. In 2 years jones will be the best player on our defense, why does the immediate short term matter to you so ****ing much? are you dying? its ok you can tell us
    Let's see. What KC actually SAY on the subject? Gee whiz, will you look it that. What were you saying about being embarrassed? I can readily see why.

"I never do because I think there is always a growing process that has to occur," Colbert explained.

2nd String
    Ice cream,

I listened to an audio of that PC, but still didn't hear any part where he said JJ would start this season. Who will sit? Woodley or Worilds? Maybe if Woodley is still all super fat, sloppy and an embarrassment, maybe they will even just cut him outright. He deserves to be cut.

Rookie Free Agent Steelergolfer59's Avatar

So, who sits? ILB and JJ?

Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    I listened to an audio of that PC, but still didn't hear any part where he said JJ would start this season. Who will sit? Woodley or Worilds? Maybe if Woodley is still all super fat, sloppy and an embarrassment, maybe they will even just cut him outright. He deserves to be cut.
    If Woodley deserves to be cut, then so do you..

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Let's see. What KC actually SAY on the subject? Gee whiz, will you look it that. What were you saying about being embarrassed? I can readily see why.
    How about providing the entire quote, in context? (BTW, making the text larger just makes it easier to see that you are an idiot.)

Colbert said:
    "Quite honestly, I don't envision anyone coming in and being an impact player in year one, I never do," Colbert said. "We want to let the players progress at their own pace. Now, if they exceed that, like a [Maurkice] Pouncey or a [Casey] Hampton, great."
    So, pray tell, what does Colbert think happens when a rookie exceeds his expectations, like Pouncey and Casey? Could it be that they play and contribute?

Please, stop your self-humiliation.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Ice cream, I love you dude. And I appreciate your passion. But you've got to understand something:

Colbert said in the best way he can (without insulting LaBeau's authority) that Jones is going to start. You have to be tactful about how you state things so you don't over step your boundaries as a GM. But Jones is going to start. And LaBeau will figure out who will sit.

You don't say what Jerry Jones said last nite about that center/guard they drafted. He just totally made Garrett look like a puppet.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information