Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good Pick!

Bookmark and Share
    Does anyone got a pic of our boy in his Steelers brim?
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Listen Latrobe, Ice Cream & Crash.............

You guys keep complaining about Jones not starting. Go look at last nite's news conference with Colbert and Tomlin. Colbert said that Jones is one of the special 8 players in this draft that he feels can start! Add that to the need we have at the position and you can clearly see that they will make him start and put the pressure on LeBeau to do so!

Go look at last nite's conference with Tomlin and Colbert. You should feel better.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Jones is a first rounder, so they will let him learn. Once he gets the D learned he will get a few looks here and there. But he will not be asked to step in from day one...

Reality is not many rookies in the draft would/will start for the Steelers anyways:

Coop or Warmack @ guard could have
    A RB still can
    a TE could only b/c of injury
    No WRs will start over AB and Sanders (but could contribute)
    No DBs would (a cpl of the elite CB's could have, but they are gone now)
    Perhaps a DL could but we wont draft one high enuff more than likely

Everything we are drafting for is for the future, for depth or for contributing factors.
    This post is spot-on. I wish the "Chicken Littles" on this board could understand this. People around here are acting like a raw receiver or freaking TE would turn the Steelers into a 16-0 team. I think this was a great pick. Very exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Just saying if Jones doesn't unseat Worilds then I will view Jone's rookie year as a big time fail.........Yes they favor veterans but right now Tomlin and Colbert are blowing each other since they landed Jones......Plus Worilds has fallen out of favor with the team no doubt......Maybe week 1 is to soon to expect Jones to start but by mid-season he better be.....
    I think this is the last year for Worilds, I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted another outside linebacker later in the draft. When you look at how much Worilds has been hurt along with Carter being IR'd twice (if i'm not mistaken)and Wood pulling a hammy every now and then we need some better depth. Plus I think their willing to let Worilds walk after this year. Of course we have bigger needs but I wouldn't be surprised to see it either.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Listen Latrobe, Ice Cream & Crash.............

You guys keep complaining about Jones not starting. Go look at last nite's news conference with Colbert and Tomlin. Colbert said that Jones is one of the special 8 players in this draft that he feels can start! Add that to the need we have at the position and you can clearly see that they will make him start and put the pressure on LeBeau to do so!

Go look at last nite's conference with Tomlin and Colbert. You should feel better.
    I didn't see that but yes that makes me feel better. I've said all along this team needs some nasty maybe he's the man.. Thanks!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    I expect a safety in round 2. He can sit on the same park bench as Jones and learn the defense while feeding pigeons.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

such a weird emotion being so happy and so sad at the same time. Its an excellent pick, ive stated many many times i had jones ranked #1 overall....were lucky to have him.

I almost cried when patterson went off the board though

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    such a weird emotion being so happy and so sad at the same time. Its an excellent pick, ive stated many many times i had jones ranked #1 overall....were lucky to have him.

I almost cried when patterson went off the board though
    I knew you were shedding a tear someplace.

We have a chance to get the pass rush back.

We lost the Titans game and the Raiders game for lack of a pass rush. We have a chance of half-way restoring our pass rush which will help our secondary. Sorry but I love the Jones pick..absolutely love it.

If he can be the von miller caliber player i imagine him to be, its definitely a great pick. Not as fast as miller, but definitely close to the caliber of player and prospect.

Its a delight to have him, he was in my second mock draft as going to us and it was a pipe dream of him falling that far back then.

Thread Information