Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not so fast, Franklin

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String

Not so fast, Franklin

His shine is starting to get busted. Now word is that he is a little on the small side, goes down too easily and lacks a 5th gear. Some say he is starting to look like a back up running back in the NFL, not a solid starter. Not sure how I feel. I think I still like Bell better. And for those who say he has too many carries already, I say give me a 3rd-round back who can produce for 5 years and I am fine with that.

goes down too easily and lacks a 5th gear?

BUT YOU LOVE LEVEON BELL? a 240 pound back that goes down way to easy and lacks long speed?

You are the second person ever to go on my ignore list....you and crash, crazy bastards

Rookie Free Agent
    I still think Christine Michael is the steal in this draft as a RB.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    goes down too easily and lacks a 5th gear?

BUT YOU LOVE LEVEON BELL? a 240 pound back that goes down way to easy and lacks long speed?

You are the second person ever to go on my ignore list....you and crash, crazy bastards

Bell is a 240 back. He is the opposite of easy to take down. Franklin is 200 pounds soaking wet. Not too many successful RBs that are that small. Warrick Dunn, James Brooks to name two good ones. But they are few and far between. Bell is faster than Franklin while being 40 pounds bigger. Get it? I am sure you will struggle to understand this concept. So, run, run, run away. Have fun.
    Last edited by ice cream glove; 04-25-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Here's the funny thing you two:

Based on the reports, we ARE going to draft a runningback. So we will get a chance to see just WHO the front office likes more. And based on that, we'll give one of you two your props.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    Bell is a 240 back. He is the opposite of easy to take down. Franklin is 200 pounds soaking wet. Not too many successful RBs that are that small. Warrick Dunn, James Brooks to name two good ones. But they are few and far between. Bell is faster than Franklin while being 40 pounds bigger. Get it? I am sure you will struggle to understand this concept. So, run, run, run away. Have fun.
    First of all, Bell is a **** ton easier to take down than he should be. That's always been a knock on him. He doesn't use his 240 lbs properly. Secondly, Franklin is officially 205 lbs from his weigh in at the combine. You say not too many successful RBs are that small? Let's see... Walter Payton (200 lbs), Barry Sanders (200 lbs), Gale Sayers (198 lbs), Jamaal Charles (199 lbs), Darren Sproles (190 lbs), CJ Spiller (200 lbs), Tiki Barber (205 lbs), Chris Johnson (191 lbs), Brian Westbrook (203 lbs), Maurice Jones-Drew (207 lbs), Reggie Bush (203), LeSean McCoy (207 lbs), etc... And that's not including guys that played only around 5 lbs heavier than Franklin like Curtis Martin (210 lbs), Priest Holmes (210 lbs), Marshall Faulk (211 lbs), Willie Parker (209 lbs)...

And those are only the guys I could think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are many more successful NFL RBs that weighed/weigh 200-210 lbs.

With our comp pick in the 6th round, take Rex Burkhead (RB - NEB). Great blocker, pass catcher, hard runner. Good depth pick.

2nd String
    Here is the Running Back I'm pulling for , in like Rd 5 .... http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=RB

Last edited by cbrunn; 04-25-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Not bad. Runs too high but we could work on that. Lol
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    First of all, Bell is a **** ton easier to take down than he should be. That's always been a knock on him. He doesn't use his 240 lbs properly. Secondly, Franklin is officially 205 lbs from his weigh in at the combine. You say not too many successful RBs are that small? Let's see... Walter Payton (200 lbs), Barry Sanders (200 lbs), Gale Sayers (198 lbs), Jamaal Charles (199 lbs), Darren Sproles (190 lbs), CJ Spiller (200 lbs), Tiki Barber (205 lbs), Chris Johnson (191 lbs), Brian Westbrook (203 lbs), Maurice Jones-Drew (207 lbs), Reggie Bush (203), LeSean McCoy (207 lbs), etc... And that's not including guys that played only around 5 lbs heavier than Franklin like Curtis Martin (210 lbs), Priest Holmes (210 lbs), Marshall Faulk (211 lbs), Willie Parker (209 lbs)...

And those are only the guys I could think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are many more successful NFL RBs that weighed/weigh 200-210 lbs.
    You knew the exact weight of all those backs right off the top of your head?? Wow. I am not going to go through and explain every one of those backs and many are the exception, not the rule. Many are actually big backs for their weight as they are short, making their weight account for more mass, such as Jones-Drew, Sproles. And, most of the backs you listed are faster than Franklin, making a difference. JF is said to lack a top gear; most of those you listed would smoke him in a race.

Thread Information