Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Why pass up offense 1st round?

Bookmark and Share
    I think every player out of college has red flags. Hopefully they draft a WR and Rb tomorrow. I wanted either Jones or Patterson so I am happy. First time in my life that I watch the draft and Pittsburgh doesn't draft a o or d lineman.

My Mood
    Manic
    did someone say this year is thin at reciever it's obious this person is retarded this draft is all WR ,AND SAFETIES

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I would love if the Steelers totally shocked me and drafted Da'Rick Rogers in the the 3rd round especially if they landed Lacy in the 2nd round.... .......I love Justin Hunter but Lacy and Rogers sound damn good right about now......But Rogers has red flags....Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

2nd String
    lol you guys act like the Steelers will change their ways ...

Ben is Over Rated by Steeler fans ... I like the guy ... But he has Never scored more than what like 23 Pts Per Game ... it was not at a lack of Skill players ... It's a problem with him and the way the Steelers work ... They are a Time of Possession team , they will never be the New Englands or anything like that ... They Are the Steelers they PLAY DEFENSE , and that's what keeps them in games and usually wins them games

Jones is horrible against the run , blah blah blah ... Georgia as a unit was bad against the run not just Jones ... and this is a passing league teams aren't just going to abandon the Pass just to RUN at Jones all game ... Jones was by far easily the BPA at #17 ...

Not to mention they alternate Offense and Defense in the 1st round for how many years now?? ... this year was defense turn , and it wouldn't surprise me that if the 2nd round was defense as well ... offensive playmakers can be found later in the draft , especially with the Rules now benefiting WRs , they don't have to worry about being smacked across the middle or anything like that

Veteran
    The Steelers defense was lacking playmakers. Woodley and Harrison didn't make plays, Troy and Clark were injured (and will be gone in a year or two). Only Timmons really stepped up. The team has put little pressure on the QB for 2 years now, which resulted in lack of turn overs. The team was #1 in yards but looking deeper into the numbers you could see some major fundamental issues. Jones addresses that.

The Jones pick, very likely means we did indeed waste another 2nd round pick though, which is frustrating. Worilds will start this year, but I hope Jones gets reps, and replaces him by the middle of the season and then Worilds is let go as a FA.

I was happy Eifert was there; that was my preferred pick. I do have some concerns about Jones' speed and combine numbers, but then again, Suggs also ran slowly and he turned out pretty good. Jones does have very good game tape (he's the anti-Poe if you will.) I'm OK with the pick, but we need to address offense in the next couple rounds.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    They went BPA in the first... Plain and simple. Right call, right move...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    The selection of Jones told us a few things:

1. The front office obviously doesn't feel as pushed about the WR position as some of the posters do. From their actions of giving Brown the big contract and retaining Sanders, they are telling you that they feel good about the WR position. Now..weather they are right or wrong, we'll see.

2. That Patterson isn't all that. And by the way Patterson dropped down the board, there seems to be a majority of teams that feel the same way. Patterson does have impressive physical gifts. No doubt.

I too would love a big WR to add to the mix. But we have a monster need at runningback too. No way we can fix everything this draft so we'll just fix what we can and maybe....just maybe we address a need in the second wave of free agency. Just sayin......ok..just hoping. LOL
    THIS!!!

Lets be realistic... No WR in this draft would unseat AB or Sanders, which is why you wait to pull the trigger on one...

Dont be surprised if we dont draft a TE at all... We have Paulsen (who they are high on). DJ. Speath. And McCoy. Not barn burners but i wouldnt be surprised if the pass on Ertz even if hes still on the board. I think RB is next unless they pull the trigger on a WR who has slipped...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    THIS!!!

Lets be realistic... No WR in this draft would unseat AB or Sanders, which is why you wait to pull the trigger on one...

Dont be surprised if we dont draft a TE at all... We have Paulsen (who they are high on). DJ. Speath. And McCoy. Not barn burners but i wouldnt be surprised if the pass on Ertz even if hes still on the board. I think RB is next unless they pull the trigger on a WR who has slipped...
    Not a bad analysis, although I think they do pull the trigger on a WR in the second mainly because we will probably lose Sanders for 2014 and they will want a guy who has played in the system a year to replace him. An RB is not out of the question though.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    did someone say this year is thin at reciever it's obious this person is retarded this draft is all WR ,AND SAFETIES
    Connecticutsteel, the WR class in this draft is not that great. Every scout and analyst will tell you that. The safties are deep and we should have a chance at one in rounds 3 & 4.

There is a reason there are so many WR still available going in the second round.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    We don't need to waste a draft pick on a TE when there will be a ton of them cut in a month. We'll have our choice of two or three veteran TE's.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information