Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why pass up offense 1st round?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Patriotic
    Offense will be addressed in the later rounds, so no worries here. No reason for the Steelers to reach for a TE, WR, or RB this early in the draft just to fill a need.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    The selection of Jones told us a few things:

1. The front office obviously doesn't feel as pushed about the WR position as some of the posters do. From their actions of giving Brown the big contract and retaining Sanders, they are telling you that they feel good about the WR position. Now..weather they are right or wrong, we'll see.

2. That Patterson isn't all that. And by the way Patterson dropped down the board, there seems to be a majority of teams that feel the same way. Patterson does have impressive physical gifts. No doubt.

I too would love a big WR to add to the mix. But we have a monster need at runningback too. No way we can fix everything this draft so we'll just fix what we can and maybe....just maybe we address a need in the second wave of free agency. Just sayin......ok..just hoping. LOL
    1. When Sanders/ Brown goes down, we will rely on Cotch?

2. He might not be a special player, but he could learn our system and help us immediatly on ST

3. This isnt all about WR, I felt that Eifert would be a key contributor right away also with the absence of Heath, I know we will draft a RB, Im hoping Lattimore/Franklin/Bell

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    Offense will be addressed in the later rounds, so no worries here. No reason for the Steelers to reach for a TE, WR, or RB this early in the draft just to fill a need.
    Sorry, just dont feel comfortable with Johson/Spaeth/Paulsen and CO.

My Mood
    Patriotic
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Sorry, just dont feel comfortable with Johson/Spaeth/Paulsen and CO.
    The Steelers needs are:

OLB addressed in the first round
    WR
    RB
    TE
    S

relax...they will get addressed round by round. They can't address them all in one round. Plenty of good TEs still left on the board to fill the need.

Banned
    Where's Crash? His "Rooney controlling the team and living in the 70s" rants sound pretty accurate at this point.
    Of course it is.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Patterson or Eifert over Jones......Jones is questionable against the run....Well our OLB are asked to play the run so I hope Jones improves in that area quick...........Plus there was red flags about Jones in the weight room which could mean him being in poor physical condition down the road....Many fans ride Woodley's *** for being in poor condition....

I said it before some fans were quick to list Patteson's red flags but ignored the red flags with Jones.....I hope Jarvis Jones turns out to be a BEAST.....

The Steelers better draft a WR in the 2nd round and really they better trade up to get Hunter.....
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 04-26-2013 at 01:00 AM.

My Mood
    Patriotic
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Patterson or Eifert over Jones......Jones is questionable against the run....Well are OLB are asked to play the run so I hope Jones improves in that area quick...........Plus there was red flags about Jones in the weight room which could mean him being in poor physical condition down the road....Many fans ride Woodley's *** for being in poor condition....

I said it before some fans were quick to list Patteson's red flags but ignored the red flags with Jones.....I hope Jarvis Jones turns out to be a BEAST.....

The Steelers better draft a WR in the 2nd round and really they better trade up to get Hunter.....
    All players from top to bottom have weaknesses/red flags. He will get coached-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Patterson or Eifert over Jones......Jones is questionable against the run....Well are OLB are asked to play the run so I hope Jones improves in that area quick...........Plus there was red flags about Jones in the weight room which could mean him being in poor physical condition down the road....Many fans ride Woodley's *** for being in poor condition....

Yea, compare his liftng and 40 time of his pro day to the combine, both would have been 2nd to last. His inability to shed blocks against the run, yet people want to bash Patterson for not running crisp routes. Like I said I think Patterson/Eifert have better careeers but will be pulling for JJ. We need our pass rush back.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    RDS knows it all,
    No way. You've got to factor in a few things when you talk about the offense finishing 22nd last year in ppg. The O-line was ravaged by injuries. And Ben got hurt too. If those didn't happen, do you think we would have still been 22nd in ppg? No.

And the killer instinct that you want the offense to have will come from a healthy O-line establishing the line of scrimmage with the running game. We are still in play to get a good running back. The best thing in the world happened when there were none taken in the first round so that means there will be some decent RB's in rounds 2 & 3.

I too know we have a HOF QB and he will get some weapons in the next two rounds. No worries.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    The Steelers needs are:

OLB addressed in the first round
    WR
    RB
    TE
    S

relax...they will get addressed round by round. They can't address them all in one round. Plenty of good TEs still left on the board to fill the need.
    I'm playing favorites now. My favorite WR is Justin Hunter and I'd love to land him in the second round. A big WR like that would be a welcomed addition for Ben.

In the third round, I'm thinking Bell or Ball as far as RB is concerned.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information