Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Less than 4 hours away

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

2nd String

Less than 4 hours away

So, will the Steelers draft a punter in the 4th (who is useless), a LB who can't make a single roster in the NFL (Davis) or a TE who can't play (Spaeth)? It's time for this team to stop being clever with their draft picks and tone down their inappropriate arrogance re: the draft, as if they are so perfect in drafting. This just in: They aren't. They have been below average since Tomlin got there. Ozzie Newsome kicks their @sses. His philosophy is to not try to get too cute and simply take the safe picks that make sense. He eats Colbert's lunch in the draft. The Steelers better stop reading their press clips about how awesome they are and get serious. I hate when they try to get so cute and take surprising picks. It isn't cute or effective. Knock it off. They better get quality players who aren't reaches or the stadium will be half empty very soon. Then again, our own GM has this mindset.

"Quite honestly, I don't envision anyone coming in and being an impact in year one," Colbert said. "I never do because I think there is always a growing process that has to occur."

you are unbearably annoying lol

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    you are unbearably annoying lol

Point is this draft is not going to drastically turn this team around this season regardless who they draft. That being said this team is not that bad and they just need to change a few things and they could have a good season.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    Point is this draft is not going to drastically turn this team around this season regardless who they draft. That being said this team is not that bad and they just need to change a few things and they could have a good season.
    But this team will barely resemble last year's team, missing EIGHT starters from last year. That is what no one is talking about.

To be honest I expect there 1st round pick if it is a offense pick to see a lot of time this season. I also think there RB pick will see a lot of time this season and even more so If they don't get a free agent like Bradshaw. As for defense DL doesn't start rookies and that's the way it is like it or not. But if we can get production this season from our 1st rd pick and the RB they draft I'll be happy. Hopefully the other picks can be solid contributors in the next 2 years.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Let me get this out right now:

I've gone on record as wanting Jones. But...

If they are not going to start him, I don't want him. We need difference makers and we need them NOW! Not two years from now.

I'd rather them take the best RB on the board # 17...atleast then we'd get immediate impact from that pick.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

If we get Jones at 17 or wherever, he has to be plugged in. Worilds will leave next year anyway. All RB's should be available at 17, and it would be hard to pass on Lacy considering how ****** our runnig game was last year. But it is a deep RB pool so I go with Jones / Vaccarro / Patterson with 17th pick. I know Eifert is great, but I just don't feel it at 17.

So giddy for this draft; like football Christmas Eve.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    If we get Jones at 17 or wherever, he has to be plugged in. Worilds will leave next year anyway. All RB's should be available at 17, and it would be hard to pass on Lacy considering how ****** our runnig game was last year. But it is a deep RB pool so I go with Jones / Vaccarro / Patterson with 17th pick. I know Eifert is great, but I just don't feel it at 17.

So giddy for this draft; like football Christmas Eve.

Draft Pick
    Watching the mock drafts today I think that Eifert will be gone and maybe Jones too. Patterson is dropping like a stone, so my final prediction is Eddie Lacey.

Thread Information