Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mocks have us Jarvis Jones

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    I'd rather he had good measurables to go with his good game tape. The fact that he ran 4.9+ troubles me greatly; you really think he's going to keep up with NFL TEs with that speed?
    he plays much faster than that...and hes not going to be asked to keep up with TEs, hes gonna be asked to chase QBs. James harrison ran a 4.9 and he did just fine in coverage, woodley couldnt touch his 40 time from college at his weight now and he does ok in coverage. Sure mingo and jordan have better coverage ability but Jones and Werner would be asked to get after the QB WAYYY more than coverage

Straight line time in the NFL doesn't really mean much unless you are a one trick pony WR.

Would love to see Jones as our ROLB.

And it's not as much about speed in coverage as it is being in the right spot.

Speed helps obviously, but if you don't where you're going, it doesn't matter how fast you are.

2nd String
    Jones and Te'o a possibility now and nobody wants them lol hahaha ... If we get Jones and than Te'o in Rd 2 ... I'd be a happy camper

all i question about teo is his mental toughness, if him being made fun of is gonna "stress him out" or make him shut down no one has any use for him because that IS gonna happen. If he can brush it off and go make plays no one will care. Hes in for a tough rookie year though

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    all i question about teo is his mental toughness, if him being made fun of is gonna "stress him out" or make him shut down no one has any use for him because that IS gonna happen. If he can brush it off and go make plays no one will care. Hes in for a tough rookie year though
    I think he'll be fine ... he was making fun of himself on that Game Changers show ... I was never a fan of him top 10 as he was getting hype for ... but 2nd round I think is about where he should go

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Yup, total idiot. It's not like their starting TE blew is knee out and will likely miss a good part of the season, and even if healthy is 30 years old. And it's not like the NFL is becoming a big time TE league either. Yup, that would be an idiot supreme move to draft the best TE in the draft. You nailed it.
    I am softening on a possible Eifert pick. He is so versatile, he would be like picking up a WR in many regards and would mitigate against our relatively weak WR corps. Instead of running out Wallace, AB, Sanders, Miller on third and long like we did in the past, you run out two WRs (AB, Sanders) and two TEs (Miller, Eifert). Still not saying he would be my first choice, but I would not throw my remote against the TV.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

eifert may not even be there at this point...hes gaining some steam in the jets/phins/bills/browns world

Banned
    Yay more mutiple TE sets! We should run a 5 TE set.

I'm willing to bet Te'o doesn't leave the 1st. Chicago at 20 or Vikings at 23/25 if I had to guess. I saw that Game Changers with Te'o as well. I really do believe he'll handle all the jokes and **** well. He poked fun at himself a few times, "I know about imaginary things" or something along those lines haha.
    Last edited by Big T; 04-24-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Thread Information