Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Guru Kiper Picks Steelers 1st and 2nd round

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    The guy was not on anyone's radar until the underwear olympics. He has about 75 career tackles, 10.5 career sacks, and had only half a sack last year.

I will take actual production every time, especially in the second.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

he was on the radar, just not everyones. He does definitely need some work but like i said, he didnt translate immediately to their switch in defensive schemes....he improved a lot since then and i think he will be a good pro. Its really tough to find a comparison for him though...adalius thomas maybe? Hes just a behemoth of a man and while his change of direction isnt great, hes a guy id imagine with some technique fixes hes a guy you can ask to chase the QB.

Worilds and Davis were horrible picks, carter was excellent value. I wouldnt expect Washington to be a big contributor early but hes making the transition from big athlete to football player

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    The guy was not on anyone's radar until the underwear olympics. He has about 75 career tackles, 10.5 career sacks, and had only half a sack last year.

I will take actual production every time, especially in the second.
    That seems to trump all. I read somewhere that the combine is a place to check guys out, but should be used to identify players you want to go back and re-look at the game tape on and shouldn't be used as definitive proof of anything. Dontare Poe was a beast a the combine, but did he really show that much during the year (he's a guy that didn't have great game tape.) Heck, even Ziggy Hood had these videos last off season of him jumping up on a 10 foot ladder from a standing position and running thru a cinderblock wall with no padding (yes, I'm exaggerating), and that didn't show up once the games began either.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Looking at the draft order,

I don't feel very good about getting Jarvis Jones. And I want him real bad. But I'm afraid the Saints are going to take him. I'd love to flip spots with Carolina and land Jones. I know we can't afford to give the Panthers any draft picks but just looking at the draft order, the Saints have me nervous.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

they can afford to trade up...definitely

Starter
    Not getting Jones will be a blessing long term. Spinal stenosis does not go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Not getting Jones will be a blessing long term. Spinal stenosis does not go away.
    your right. i have a degenerative vertabra and it is never better. i dont have the bend in it like stenosis.

Jones says..

Georgia outside linebacker Jarvis Jones has drawn a lot of varying opinions throughout the draft process. His game film is outstanding. His pre-draft workouts were less so.

As the draft approaches, Jones' forecast is coming in to focus. At least he thinks so.

Brooks: Planning to perfection

Bucky Brooks puts on his GM hat, laying out the optimal draft-day strategies -- including contingencies -- for all 32 teams. More ...

"If I even get to 17, I don't think I get past the (Pittsburgh) Steelers," Jones told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. "I mean, from what I've been told, I don't think I get past the Steelers."

Jones' thinking is consistent with draft buzz we've heard. NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah has been projecting Jones to the Steelers for weeks. The New Orleans Saints at No. 15 are another strong candidate. Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News believes Jones is a player who New York Jets fans should get to know better. The Jets hold the No. 9 and No. 13 overall picks.

Come on Thursday!

I admit that the spinal condition IS on my mind when it comes to him. But, unfortunately,.........

I'm hearing that if Patterson and Jones are on the board at the same time, Patterson will be the pick by Colbert. Patterson's dumbness has me nervous too. But of course I'll support the pick once it's made.

Looks like K-Train may get his wish with Patterson but again, the Saints need linebackers and they also need to add a WR. So the Saints determine our direction.

Thread Information