Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colbert doesn't see any first year starters:

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    Patterson could revolutionize our return game! He may need time to develop as a route runner, but I am already imagining his future highlight reel on youtube.... wearing our favorite colors. What if he is the next Devon Hester?

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    they havent had a problem starting the olinemen young...most guys take a year to become "starters" but getting rookies in the rotation is something they do frequently.

Also, they have young guys to play this year that havent played much the last 1-2 years but have been in that rotation. Id expect Heyward and Woridls to get a ton of playing time (for better or worse, hopefully for better)
    OK, but look at Heyward and Worilds: Heyward going on 3rd season and Worilds on 4th? That is exactly my point. If Worilds is any good, we will lose him after just 1 year of production in free agency. That system sucks. It is a major FAIL when they only get 1 good season out of a player before they are free agents. It is what happened to Lewis this year as well. They should consider that every much as a failure as drafting poorly to begin with. Getting just 1 good season out of a player before losing them is idiotic. At least with Wallace we got some production his first few years, before he pouted and quit trying last season. The fact that Colbert ALREADY came out and said he doesn't see any draft picks who will contribute this year is maddening.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Colbert has proven to be stupid recently. That's no surprise.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Colbert has proven to be stupid recently. That's no surprise.
    I know. I don't know if he used to be smart, but he isn't looking very wise these days. Not even close. As a matter of fact, only two drafts were average or above since Cowher left. 2007 - 2012. Five drafts. 2012 could end up being OK, but we don't know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    I know. I don't know if he used to be smart, but he isn't looking very wise these days. Not even close. As a matter of fact, only two drafts were average or above since Cowher left. 2007 - 2012. Five drafts. 2012 could end up being OK, but we don't know yet.
    So somehow the 2010 draft, with Maurkice Pouncey, Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown, doesn't even qualify as "average or above"? I guess Jason Worilds has to dominate in order for that draft class to be any good, huh?

For that matter, let's give the 2011 draft more than two seasons before we write them off. The only reason Cameron Heyward hasn't started yet is because Brett Keisel continues to play at a high level. If RDE ain't broke, don't fix it. Marcus Gilbert isn't nearly as bad as some people pretend he is, and Cortez Allen is good enough to make the front office forget about Keenan Lewis.

Spare me this stupid-*** **** about how the Steelers supposedly haven't had a good draft since 2007.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

who the **** did you want worilds to play over? Harrison or Woodley? lol...trust me i didnt like the worilds pick and i dont think hes very good but hes had 2 pro bowlers in front of him, ive softened my stance a little in that i think he may be able to step in.

Heyward is going to be relaly good....5 tech is no joke in our defense. Hood still cant play it, but Heyward has stack and shed ability that guys like aaron smith and richard seymour made famous at the position. To me hes a player to be excited about

Veteran
    The Steelers don't start rookies anyway, so that's not a stretch to say.

Veteran
    who the **** did you want worilds to play over? Harrison or Woodley? lol...trust me i didnt like the worilds pick and i dont think hes very good but hes had 2 pro bowlers in front of him, ive softened my stance a little in that i think he may be able to step in.

Heyward is going to be relaly good....5 tech is no joke in our defense. Hood still cant play it, but Heyward has stack and shed ability that guys like aaron smith and richard seymour made famous at the position. To me hes a player to be excited about
    Worilds should have been getting a few reps not caused by injuries. Maybe 10 on each side or something; more if the game was out of hand.

People keep saying that Heyward is going to be so great, but I still see a guy that can't unseat Ziggy Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Worilds should have been getting a few reps not caused by injuries. Maybe 10 on each side or something; more if the game was out of hand.

People keep saying that Heyward is going to be so great, but I still see a guy that can't unseat Ziggy Hood.
    i see some ridiculous faith in hood, damn near blind faith...stubborn to not just admit they ****ed up

Every year its something new with hood

Wow look at his use of hands!
    Wow look at him eat rookie pouncey up in one on ones!
    Wow look at all the weight he dropped and the added muscle mass through OUTER LIMIT SPORTS...HE CAN JUMP ON A TIRE!!!!

yawn

Veteran
    i see some ridiculous faith in hood, damn near blind faith...stubborn to not just admit they ****ed up

Every year its something new with hood

Wow look at his use of hands!
    Wow look at him eat rookie pouncey up in one on ones!
    Wow look at all the weight he dropped and the added muscle mass through OUTER LIMIT SPORTS...HE CAN JUMP ON A TIRE!!!!

yawn
    I saw that video too. It didn't translate onto the field though. It's coming up to decision time for him; do we give him a 2nd contract? It's not that far from decision time for Cam either though. He needs to play, a lot. We need to konw what we got there.

Thread Information