Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: Colbert doesn't see any first year starters:

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #61
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    6,574
    Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    So, let me get this straight: If you want to know how someone feels about something, do not look at what they actually said to determine how the person feels. Ummmm, should we instead determine it by what they don't say? By the way they brush their hair? By a secret decoder ring?
    And the hypocrisy rears its ugly head. Let me refresh your memory shall we?

    Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    He is going to live to hit Ben. He will be obsessing over it from now until the end of the last game vs. Pgh this year. He will totally be focused on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    There is no question he will be focusing hatred on the Steelers.
    When Harrsion himself says:

    "I don't have a chip on my shoulder against the Steelers," Harrison said. "I don't hate the Steelers. All the things they're saying, that the media is blowing it up to be ... am I disappointed? Yeah, I'm disappointed. But when the negotiations first started, I basically knew the situation was going to be what it was going to be.
    And what was it again that you said about determining how someone feels by looking at what they actually said? Oh ya, now I remember...

    Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    So, let me get this straight: If you want to know how someone feels about something, do not look at what they actually said to determine how the person feels. Ummmm, should we instead determine it by what they don't say? By the way they brush their hair? By a secret decoder ring?
    Maybe you should heed your own advice...

    Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    Hmmmm, OK, let's go by what he actually said, shall we? (That is far more accurate than you guys adding in assertions that he never made, MMMMkay?)

    Gee whiz. Read his actual words, won't you? But I guess you prefer adding assertions of stuff he never said. Good luck with THAT!
    Last edited by Big T; 04-24-2013 at 10:14 PM.

  2. #62
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    506
    OK, you are going to believe Harrison when he says he doesn't have any grudge against the Steelers and believe it.

    ROTMFFLMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Let's read what Colbert actually said, shall we?
    "Quite honestly, I don't envision anyone coming in and being an impact in year one," Colbert said. "I never do because I think there is always a growing process that has to occur."
    Are you getting this any time soon? These morons PLAN on not having any rookies contribute worth spit. What a wonderful game plan. These guys need the MORON award given to them.

  3. #63
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,698
    i get it....colbert banged your wife back from there days at RMU?


    Heres something for you, see if you can skew quotes from this too

    Kevin Colbert: Draft has “probably 6-8″ prospects Steelers would call “special”

    Posted by Mike Wilkening on April 22, 2013, 9:47 PM EDT

    AP
    One NFL evaluator who’s had success building through the draft sees less than 10 “special” prospects in the Class of 2013 — and a lack of depth at certain line positions on both sides of the ball.

    Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert said Monday that the club believes there are likely between six and eight “special players” in the draft, which starts Thursday evening.

    However, Colbert, speaking at the club’s pre-draft press conference, indicated the club was unlikely to be trading up from its No. 17 spot in Round One.

    “I doubt that we move up,” Colbert said, according to a transcript from the Steelers. “I think the more picks we have the better, in this draft particularly. But there will be a good player at 17, there’s no question about that.”

    Of the 6-8 top prospects, Colbert said the best of the best in a draft are generally held in high regard by many teams.

    “That’s usually a group I think everybody can identify and say, ‘These kids should be special players, be it with us or be it with somebody else,’ ” Colbert said.

    Colbert told reporters the Steelers believe there are “about 150″ draftable prospects in the Class of 2013. Colbert also noted that “there is a nice group of potential starters” on the draft’s second day, which encompasses Rounds Two and Three.

    However, Colbert noted that three positions — tight end, interior offensive line and defensive ends who can play in a 3-4 scheme — are lacking in numbers.

    “It’s not a deep pool at those positions,” Colbert said.

    By Colbert’s count, 14 teams employ the 3-4 — long the base defensive front for Pittsburgh — and he called the shortage of defensive ends who would fit in a “30″ front a “little concerning.”

    “That’s a position where there just are not a lot of guys,” he said
    just one more time for you


    . Colbert also noted that “there is a nice group of potential starters” on the draft’s second day, which encompasses Rounds Two and Three.

  4. #64
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    506
    A nice group of potential starters who have zero chance in hell of contributing this year, just because that is their old and busted way of doing business. I don't care if he thinks they can be starters 4 years from now. Their ways are antiquated and pathetic. Rookies can contribute, but not on the Steelers. What horse sh-t.

  5. #65
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    6,574
    You're so pathetic it's actually hilarious. The best part of all this is how you leave this little excerpt because it's detrimental to your argument:

    "Quite honestly, I don't envision anyone coming in and being an impact player in year one, I never do," Colbert said at a pre-draft news conference Monday with Tomlin at the team's South Side facility. "We want to let the players progress at their own pace. Now, if they exceed that, like a [Maurkice] Pouncey or a [Casey] Hampton, great."
    Last edited by Big T; 04-25-2013 at 04:55 PM.

  6. #66
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    506
    "Quite honestly, I don't envision anyone coming in and being an impact in year one," Colbert said. "I never do because I think there is always a growing process that has to occur."
    OK, nothing to see here. Move along.

  7. #67
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,121
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    OK, nothing to see here. Move along.
    Do you know what do not "envision" means? It does not mean "has no chance." Really, please. Take the dictionary out from under your couch leg and look it up.

    I do not "envision" the Steelers taking a RB in the first round tonight. Is it impossible? Nope.

    I do not "envision" the Steelers drafting a punter tonight. Is it impossible? Nope.

    This (Colbert):
    "Quite honestly, I don't envision anyone coming in and being an impact player in year one, I never do," Colbert said. "We want to let the players progress at their own pace. Now, if they exceed that, like a [Maurkice] Pouncey or a [Casey] Hampton, great."
    Does not mean this (you):
    But coming out and saying no possible rookie, in the entire draft, can possibly be a starter...
    Even that dumb sh!t Cordarelle Patterson can see the difference.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  8. #68
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,121
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Another reason your interpretation suspends all common sense:

    Again, Colbert said (my emphasis):

    "Quite honestly, I don't envision anyone coming in and being an impact player in year one, I never do," ...
    He says that "he never" envisions rookies coming in and being an impact player in year one. Yet, he HAS HAD rookies come in and be impact players in year one (Pouncey, Mendy if he did not get hurt, DD if he did not get hurt, Adams, just to name a few). If your idiot interpretation meant what you say it does, then Pouncey never could have started as a rookie.

    The only other LOGICAL interpretation is that he never EXPECTS them to contribute but will be pleasantly surprised if they do.

    Take a freakin' critical thinking class. It would do you a world of good.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  9. #69
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,616
    Fellas,

    I hear both sides of the story. But based on his track record, you've got to admit Big T that Colbert makes you a little nervous.

    But I think because of the situation and needs we have in a lot of areas, I think Colbert is going to have no choice in letting atleast our first two picks have starting roles.

    Especially if one of the picks is a runningback.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  10. #70
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Fellas,

    I hear both sides of the story. But based on his track record, you've got to admit Big T that Colbert makes you a little nervous.

    But I think because of the situation and needs we have in a lot of areas, I think Colbert is going to have no choice in letting atleast our first two picks have starting roles.

    Especially if one of the picks is a runningback.
    Careful RDS, T might place you on ignore too. If you don't think like he does, you get ignored.

    If we got Jarvis Jones, he won't play unless one of our LBs gets hurt, and then, even then, he might not get in the game because "He won't be ready." You have to go through 3 years of sitting before you can even get a sniff of the field. But I have to think the RB we get sees the field. If not, these guys are the biggest morons ever. How come all other teams field rookies but Pgh doesn't? It's just retarded.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Projecting The Starters: Offense
    By Phenomenal TJ in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-27-2011, 11:51 AM
  2. Kevin Colbert inks 5 year extension
    By SteelCityKid5 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 08:28 AM
  3. Defense could be without three starters
    By SteelersWoman in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 02:20 PM
  4. Playing the starters was the right call!
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 06:00 PM
  5. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-24-2008, 09:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •