Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UCLA's Johnathan Franklin beating out Lacy?

Bookmark and Share

UCLA's Johnathan Franklin beating out Lacy?

Alabama's Eddie Lacy remains confident that he's the complete package after a disappointing pro day, but he's no longer viewed as the consensus top tailback prospect in the 2013 NFL Draft.

A number of teams tell Draftinsider.net's Tony Pauline that UCLA's Johnathan Franklin ranks higher than Lacy on their boards. The New York Jets and Pittsburgh Steelers are among the teams "looking hard" at Franklin, according Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com.

Franklin is drawing comparisons to Frank Gore and Doug Martin as a three-down back with NFL-ready pass-protection skills and the physicality to succeed between the tackles at the NFL level.

Highly productive last season at UCLA, Franklin piled up 1,734 rushing yards and 15 total touchdowns while adding 33 catches for 323 yards. He's a more complete back than Lacy.

Not surprising at all...both franklin and bernard are above lacy to me at this point

Assistant Coach
    Franklin has been my #1 RB for months... I don't know how people ignored him for so long. For months sites had him as a 3rd/4th round prospect. Totally retarded...

Mayock has Carradine #56 on this final board, and he has Frankling at #100... Mayock is gonna have egg on his face on draft day
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Info needs to be verified by a link. Nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Franklin has been my #1 RB for months... I don't know how people ignored him for so long. For months sites had him as a 3rd/4th round prospect. Totally retarded...

Mayock has Carradine #56 on this final board, and he has Frankling at #100... Mayock is gonna have egg on his face on draft day
    Mayock is good, but none of them are really ever right... who is? Ktrain?

There way to many factors to even get close to who rises and falls. Not all teams draft for need, we draft BPA.
    Players rise and drop all over the place. So we will go BPA again as usual... it will be exciting to see who drops...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I think Franklin will be a Steeler.......

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Mayock is good, but none of them are really ever right... who is? Ktrain?

There way to many factors to even get close to who rises and falls. Not all teams draft for need, we draft BPA.
    Players rise and drop all over the place. So we will go BPA again as usual... it will be exciting to see who drops...
    I agree.... but there is a big difference between a mock draft and a big board. Being accurate with a mock is nearly impossible, every miss compounds down the line....

BUT

A Big Board should represent your opinion of the players (not where they will be drafted)... and for a so called expert to have the best pass rusher in the draft ranked #56.... is pretty sad.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I know there is a lot of posters who are concerned about giving Ben weapons to work with but the best weapon he could have at this point is a running game. I'm not hearing anything on the current conditioning of Dwyer or the O-line and I think that is where the focus should be on in regards to running the ball. Don't get me wrong; I like the running back Bell out of Michigan State for starters but I want to hear about the current state of the O-line ( for starters) before I can make a fair assessment of the individual runningbacks. I just want to do things in their proper order.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I know there is a lot of posters who are concerned about giving Ben weapons to work with but the best weapon he could have at this point is a running game. I'm not hearing anything on the current conditioning of Dwyer or the O-line and I think that is where the focus should be on in regards to running the ball. Don't get me wrong; I like the running back Bell out of Michigan State for starters but I want to hear about the current state of the O-line ( for starters) before I can make a fair assessment of the individual runningbacks. I just want to do things in their proper order.
    What does that even mean?

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    What does that even mean?
    Runners like Mendenhal and Franklin need a hole to get a clean, first step thru the line and then they blast. Willie Parker was the same way. The Steelers haven't provided that and until they do you can draft Jesus Christ and it ain't going to do any good till you get some decent linemen. And please no more Ohio State bums.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by norcojim View Post
    Runners like Mendenhal and Franklin need a hole to get a clean, first step thru the line and then they blast. Willie Parker was the same way. The Steelers haven't provided that and until they do you can draft Jesus Christ and it ain't going to do any good till you get some decent linemen. And please no more Ohio State bums.
    You also need a RB who has the vision to anticipate the hole and cut the hole.... going to a zone system will make those 2 skill sets even more important.

Franklin has the best vision in the draft

Thread Information