Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UCLA's Johnathan Franklin beating out Lacy?

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by norcojim View Post
    Runners like Mendenhal and Franklin need a hole to get a clean, first step thru the line and then they blast. Willie Parker was the same way. The Steelers haven't provided that and until they do you can draft Jesus Christ and it ain't going to do any good till you get some decent linemen. And please no more Ohio State bums.
    Thank you. That is all I meant. We have to get that O-line taught properly and conditioned properly. I just don't that it's a coincidence that 3 years straight, the line has been decimated. I just don't.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Lattimore is still the #1 RB....i say that with confidence. I do like franklin though. All RBs could use a clean hole to run through lol, when going to zone its all about patience by the RB. He'd be an excellent fit in a jamal charles-like role in haleys offense

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Thank you. That is all I meant. We have to get that O-line taught properly and conditioned properly. I just don't that it's a coincidence that 3 years straight, the line has been decimated. I just don't.
    we need to condition our Olinemen to not get stepped on
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Lattimore is still the #1 RB....i say that with confidence. I do like franklin though. All RBs could use a clean hole to run through lol, when going to zone its all about patience by the RB. He'd be an excellent fit in a jamal charles-like role in haleys offense
    Big, bang, boom.... Franklin is the man

As far as Lattimore.... I just don't think we are the team that can take that risk this year... I think it's much more likely that he becomes an irrelevant body in the NFL, than it is that he becomes a workhorse

2nd String
    This guy is growing on me. I'd be happy with him, Bell, Lacy (although we can get as good of a back later than we would have to get Lacy so I think we won't go that direction). It looks very likely we can get a bread and butter back in round 3 or later.

As far as the O line goes, we could be in decent shape with a lot of the young guy finally stepping up this year. Gilbert, Adams and DD should be ready to step it up. We just need for them to stay healthy, and if the Steelers incorporated more free weights, that would aid greatly in that goal.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    A Big Board should represent your opinion of the players (not where they will be drafted)... and for a so called expert to have the best pass rusher in the draft ranked #56.... is pretty sad.
    Damn you need to have a job then huh ... since you know so much more

It's exactly what you stated all Opinion ... wtf some of you guys are stupid and obnoxious ...

I remember early in the year you tried to Clown me for saying Poyer was better then Banks , now I see on "your top 100" you have Poyer over Banks ...

This shits all opinion and some of yall take it to the heart

Draft Pick
    I absolutely love Franklin he reminds me of Doug Martin. There has always been something holding me back from putting lacy in the number one slot I just am not sold on him. Daniel Jeremiah from the NFL path to the draft is in love with Franklin to he says he's done at every level from high school up. 2nd round pick would be solid. Follow up with Kelce would make me do cartwheels in a fit of joy

Assistant Coach

UCLA's Johnathan Franklin beating out Lacy?

Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    Damn you need to have a job then huh ... since you know so much more

It's exactly what you stated all Opinion ... wtf some of you guys are stupid and obnoxious ...

I remember early in the year you tried to Clown me for saying Poyer was better then Banks , now I see on "your top 100" you have Poyer over Banks ...

This shits all opinion and some of yall take it to the heart
    Yup, I continually evaluate. I'm never married to an opinion. My personal opinions change as I continue to watch tape and do the best analysis I can.

I bet our previous conversation was before Banks missed the senior bowl. Following that he had a very poor combine from an athletics perspective, and didn't really improve it at his pro day. After reviewing MIss St tape, I'm not even sure Banks is the best corner on his own team

It's a hobby. I'm good at it.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    You better go and see the latest medical reports K. Lattimore is done. Go to rotoworld.com and see what three doctors are saying about him. Lattimore is off our draft board.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    You better go and see the latest medical reports K. Lattimore is done. Go to rotoworld.com and see what three doctors are saying about him. Lattimore is off our draft board.
    A leg flapping in the air is not a good sign of great years ahead.. ive had a few deer run from me like that for a few hundred yards.

Thread Information