Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Could Trade Down.

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    Interesting, as long as its the 74th pick from SF 3rd, that would give us picks, 34,48,61,74,and 79. That's 5 players in the 34-79 ranks.

Draft Pick
    He not yellin

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    THEY'VE ALREADY REPORTED THAT THEY WANT TO MOVE UP BUT TO 13,14. THEY MIGHT ALSO WANT TO TRADE TWO2NDS & 3RD FOR 17.
    They will give us this many picks to get eifert?? but hes a reach to us? They really want Eifert. But word is we will get him or chicago is high on him still at #20 then GB will get him at #26 thats as far as he goes.

Let the trades begin. SF will be moving up. There are some teams that want to move back, too. I am ok if we move back if we have chances to plug holes where we have needs with decent guys (which we have on both sides of the ball), but we dont pick this high that much so if a dream player is still on the board a' la DD last year, you have to make the pick and adjust the rest of the draft accordingly.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    Let the trades begin. SF will be moving up. There are some teams that want to move back, too. I am ok if we move back if we have chances to plug holes where we have needs with decent guys (which we have on both sides of the ball), but we dont pick this high that much so if a dream player is still on the board a' la DD last year, you have to make the pick and adjust the rest of the draft accordingly.
    This isn't a great draft at the front end, but supposed to be deep. San Fran, with so many picks, will try to move some for 2014 picks in hopes there are better players to choose from next year. Plus, they don't really have a lot of holes, and they are a pretty young team as well, so they don't really need the picks right now.

I think a lot of teams will try to trade down, but I'm not sure there will be many teams interested in trading up. Does bode well for us, though, to get a couple quality players in the first three rounds.

Why trade down? Makes no sense to me... we need safety, olb ....etc
    Last edited by LevonKirkland99; 04-23-2013 at 10:30 PM.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    Why trade down? Makes no sense to me... we need safety, olb ....etc
    The idea is to trade out of the first, for 2 picks later on (maybe a 2nd and a 3rd or a 2nd and a 4th).

Steelers Could Trade Down.

NFL executives are saying this could be the worst draft in years!

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    NFL executives are saying this could be the worst draft in years!
    In terms of elite talent at the top? Ya maybe. But in terms of depth it's actually one of the better drafts in recent years.

Steelers Could Trade Down.

Sorry I misread it. Team executive, John Elway!

Team executive: This year's draft might be worst in some time

By Kareem Copeland

Published: April 23, 2013 at 5:06 PM PDT

Modified: April 23, 2013 at 6:57 PM PDT

The criticism of the 2013 NFL Draft continues. John Elway, Denver Broncos executive vice president of football operations, said it's not top-heavy . Some have said there isn't a single quarterback worthy of a first-round pick.

One high-ranking team executive told CBS Sports' Mike Freeman this is the worst draft in a decade .

"Worst draft in past 10 years or longer," the executive said. "When we look back at this draft in five or 10 years we might view it as one of the worst we've seen in some time."

The talent is considered deep along the offensive and defensive lines, but there are few true stars. Current NFL stars who were no-question first-rounders in their respective draft classes include: quarterbacks Andrew Luck , Robert Griffin III , Cam Newton and Matthew Stafford ; defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh ; linebacker Von Miller ; and wide receiver A.J. Green .

"There will be 13-15 players picked in the first round that are true first-rounders," the executive said. "That's a fairly low number."

In comparison, the executive said there were 20-23 players with first-round talent in 2012, which is average.

Every draft has those who outperform expectations and become cornerstone players. Right now, there doesn't seem to be many who will be in that category this year.

Follow Kareem Copeland on Twitter @kareemcopeland .

Thread Information