Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: The Best Case for Steelers

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pinehurst, TX
    Posts
    165

    The Best Case for Steelers

    Is for a DL like Floyd or Star OR OL Warmack or Cooper to fall. Anything else we should be trading back or just take the TE. I guarantee that's the game plan for the FO.

  2. #2
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,967
    i guarantee you are wrong. Floyd has no business in our defense and star is a top 5 player...it would be shocking if he was there, they would sprint to the podium.

    I really think Cooper and Warmack are awesome, but they are worst case scenerios....everyone hypes them as the ebst weve seen in the last 20 years but really they are just good guards that are probably going to fall. Fluker is just as good of a guard but no one cares about that. They are not that much better than pouncey, decastro, iupati, and albert as guard prospects.

    Eifert is a real possibility, but i doubt hes who they are specifically targeting

  3. #3
    2nd String Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Posts
    714
    I love it when an average Joe knows exactly how the greatest minds in football are thinking Wouldn't it stand to reason that if you knew exactly what the Steelers would do, you would have a nice plush office working for them?
    Who will be Todd Haley's first victim on national TV ...... and when?

  4. #4
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I love it when an average Joe knows exactly how the greatest minds in football are thinking Wouldn't it stand to reason that if you knew exactly what the Steelers would do, you would have a nice plush office working for them?
    well thats the dream, but for now ill just keep doing this with my other job

  5. #5
    2nd String BubbyBlister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    well thats the dream, but for now ill just keep doing this with my other job
    You have time for another job ?

  6. #6
    2nd String Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    well thats the dream, but for now ill just keep doing this with my other job
    But I was referring to the OP
    Who will be Todd Haley's first victim on national TV ...... and when?

  7. #7
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I love it when an average Joe knows exactly how the greatest minds in football are thinking Wouldn't it stand to reason that if you knew exactly what the Steelers would do, you would have a nice plush office working for them?
    I never ever understood this type of reasoning on an internet forum. Its made for the average Joe to come in at discuss football. It might not be that everyone has the same type of knowledge about the draft as say a Ktrain, or the same kind of being from Denmark as me (>.>) , but that does not mean they should not be entitled to have an opinion as to how Steelers conduct business. If so, a forum such as this would vanish really swiftly.

    If we weren't going to discuss thing regarding the Steelers (and in the spirit of the time, the draft), what should we discuss here? Should we just sit down and agree with every single move the FO makes? Holy hell that would be boring like nothing I have ever tried before.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

  8. #8
    2nd String Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I never ever understood this type of reasoning on an internet forum. Its made for the average Joe to come in at discuss football. It might not be that everyone has the same type of knowledge about the draft as say a Ktrain, or the same kind of being from Denmark as me (>.>) , but that does not mean they should not be entitled to have an opinion as to how Steelers conduct business. If so, a forum such as this would vanish really swiftly.

    If we weren't going to discuss thing regarding the Steelers (and in the spirit of the time, the draft), what should we discuss here? Should we just sit down and agree with every single move the FO makes? Holy hell that would be boring like nothing I have ever tried before.
    I agree completely, we are all entitled to our opinions. It's the guarantees that make me laugh because I'll bet you a case of Iron City that the Steelers FO do not have a definitive game plan themselves which locks them on to a player or trade.
    Who will be Todd Haley's first victim on national TV ...... and when?

  9. #9
    Starter igor0190's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coldest Major City in the WORLD
    Posts
    1,380
    I've been here (on this forum) for awhile, and K-Train usually has a pretty good handle on the players in the draft.

    I hope both guards are gone just for the reason that I think the Steelers have invested enough in the O-Line in the past couple years and need to see what they have there now. What good is a great line that is blocking for a bunch of scrub RB and WR's... Like really. The NFL isn't ground and pound anymore. We need offensive weapons to score, which right now means we need not just a starting caliber WR and RB in the draft... but we need #1 guys at both positions.

    I'm also fairly content with what we have on the D-Line.

  10. #10
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Harbor, Fl
    Posts
    4,275
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO STEELER View Post
    Is for a DL like Floyd or Star OR OL Warmack or Cooper to fall. Anything else we should be trading back or just take the TE. I guarantee that's the game plan for the FO.
    That would be the absolute worst case.... drafting a linemen for the 5th consecutive year??? idiotic (unless it's Star... who is a top 5 talent)
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Case of the Johnson's for the Steelers at FB
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 06:13 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 06:51 AM
  3. Steelers Notebook: Rooney unhappy, mulling action in porn e-mail case
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 09:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •