Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tank Carradine - #1 Pass Rusher

Bookmark and Share
    Banned

Tank Carradine - #1 Pass Rusher

I'd be surprised if he didn't go top 5 on Thursday.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Don't count out Leon Sandcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Don't count out Leon Sandcastle.
    I've been hearing good things about Sandcastle too. Apparently he can do it all. Could be a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I'd be surprised if he didn't go top 5 on Thursday.
    not sure if serious

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    not sure if serious
    Completely serious. If Jacksonville wants to go DL #2 overall, they should draft Carradine.

He's one of those players that the internet mistakenly forgets about...

He's the only player with elite pass rushing skills from the DE/4-3 position, in the draft. He's also a beast in pursuit and against the run.

I'll bet he gets drafted before the Steelers pick, and it would not surprise me at all if he went to jax, oak, phi, clev at the top of the draft

he'd be the 3rd best DE on his team if Brandon Jenkins didnt hurt himself. Hes freakishly strong, and will be a draft day riser but the statement that youd be SURPRISED if hes not taken top 5 is a big reach. Sure its possible, but it would not be shocking to see him go in the teams

i would LOVE to see him go in that top 17 though...just keep pushing a jones/patterson/jordan/mingo down the board.

If a guard (or 2), carradine, and a QB go in the top 17 i like our chances. Jets getting #13 might have screwed us though
    Last edited by K Train; 04-22-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Banned
    he'd be the 3rd best DE on his team if Brandon Jenkins didnt hurt himself. Hes freakishly strong, and will be a draft day riser but the statement that youd be SURPRISED if hes not taken top 5 is a big reach. Sure its possible, but it would not be shocking to see him go in the teams

i would LOVE to see him go in that top 17 though...just keep pushing a jones/patterson/jordan/mingo down the board.

If a guard (or 2), carradine, and a QB go in the top 17 i like our chances. Jets getting #13 might have screwed us though
    Carradine is SOOOOO much better than Jenkins, and significantly better than Werner....

Not comparing their skill sets/strengths.... but I was right about Aldon Smith (said he'd be a top 5 pick... Yes, I consider myself right even though he went 7th.... Mayock had Robert Quinn and Cameron Jordan ranked ahead of Aldon) when everyone had him as a late 1st/2nd rounder going into draft day... and I'll be right about Carradine on Thursday too.

yeah but tank is much more like robert ayers than he is aldon smith. Different animals when it comes to pass rushing

Banned
    yeah but tank is much more like robert ayers than he is aldon smith. Different animals when it comes to pass rushing
    I called out that I wasn't comparing Aldon and Tank's skill sets... simply the fact that the internet (mock draft sites, draft profile sites, scouting sites) largely missed out on on of the best players in the draft class.... i believe Carradine will be similar in that sense...

Carradine's combination of power, speed, and technique make him the most complete "Hand Down/D Line" pass rusher since Mario Williams

i get it...im just saying aldon was a fast riser in the same way JPP was....high risk high reward. Carradine is a safer pick, but not likely to get those sack numbers.

I say Robert Ayers, you say Mario Williams....we DEFINITELY arent going to agree on that lol

I say hes not even as good of a prospect as Derrick Morgan, who was and still is very meh. I see Carradine much more in the mold of a Jamaal Anderson (prospect, not the bum pro version) and Robert Ayers as a base LE or a gap 34 DE

Top 5 would surprise me, top 15 not so much. I like him as a top 20 guy, not nearly as high on him as you are.

Thread Information