Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: According to ESPN. Steelers should go Jones/Patterson/Eifert.

Bookmark and Share

According to ESPN. Steelers should go Jones/Patterson/Eifert.

Pittsburgh Steelers: Having a choice between linebacker Jarvis Jones, Tennessee wide receiver Cordarrelle Patterson and Notre Dame tight end Tyler Eifert. These prospects are the most popular choices for the Steelers at No. 17. Which one is the ideal one? It depends on your point of view. Eifert is the safest pick and would provide insurance if Heath Miller (torn ACL) isn't the same player this season. The issue here is whether taking a tight end this high represents the best value. Jones is the biggest risk because of a poor performance at his pro day and the medical concerns, but he has the potential to be heir apparent to James Harrison. And Patterson is the wild card. He would provide much-needed height and length to the Steelers' wide receivers group and still has the speed to be an elite playmaker. The knock on Patterson is he's raw in his route-running and he disappeared for large chunks of time in college games. Patterson, Jones and Eifert all have a good shot at being there when the Steelers are on the clock.

Just like we have all been saying, we're smart. Gj guys lol

Veteran
    We'll be smart next week when they are still there at 17.

I prefer Eifert myself. To help cover the loss of Heath and as his eventual replacement. Plus, having 2 big TEs would add a lot to the offense.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I still like:

1.) Cooper/ Womack

2.) Jones/ Mingo

Still not sold on going TE at #17 in round 1.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    I still like:

1.) Cooper/ Womack

2.) Jones/ Mingo

Still not sold on going TE at #17 in round 1.
    I agree, Warmack or Cooper if there still at 17.

Rookie Free Agent
    There is no way Patterson could be any worse of a route runner then Wallace was.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by JenZwain View Post
    There is no way Patterson could be any worse of a route runner then Wallace was.
    But Wallace wasn't picked in Round 1 at #17.

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    But Wallace wasn't picked in Round 1 at #17.
    But DeMaryius Thomas was taken 22 overall. He had a lot of the same knocks... Couldn't run routes (practically only ran the 9-route at GT), was raw as all hell, and was dumb as ****. Now he's a borderline top 5 WR. Obviously they are different players but Pattersons skillset and upside are worth the risk at 17... If he's even there.

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Heath Miller (torn ACL) isn't the same player this season.
    Miller, a prime candidate for the Pro Bowl and team MVP, tore anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments.

The Jets have 2 picks in the first 15 picks. They need a play maker on the WR, and need an OLB (Jones). Them having 2 picks in the 1st round significantly changes the face of how the draft will shake up by the time the Steelers pick at 17. With Sanders in camp, they don't need at WR at 17, don't know if Jones will be available (Moore might be available), do they go safety (Elam or Vacarro) or do they go TE (not sold on that either), I think Cooper and Warmack will be gone. . .

BPA notwithstanding, if available, considering team needs, I go with Vacarro or Elam. Clark is likely done after this year and Troy is winding down, so it's time to bring in some talented secondary youth. If you have a solid secondary, it makes it that much easier to bring the heat up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    The Jets have 2 picks in the first 15 picks. They need a play maker on the WR, and need an OLB (Jones). Them having 2 picks in the 1st round significantly changes the face of how the draft will shake up by the time the Steelers pick at 17. With Sanders in camp, they don't need at WR at 17, don't know if Jones will be available (Moore might be available), do they go safety (Elam or Vacarro) or do they go TE (not sold on that either), I think Cooper and Warmack will be gone. . .

BPA notwithstanding, if available, considering team needs, I go with Vacarro or Elam. Clark is likely done after this year and Troy is winding down, so it's time to bring in some talented secondary youth. If you have a solid secondary, it makes it that much easier to bring the heat up front.

They may need a Corner?

Thread Information