Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Ben: "I like being the hunter"

Bookmark and Share

Big Ben: "I like being the hunter"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...eelers-critics

James Harrison. Mike Wallace. Rashard Mendenhall. Keenan Lewis. Willie Colon.

Just some of the names out the door in Pittsburgh, leaving fans to wonder if the Steelers -- on the heels of a disappointing 8-8 season -- are in trouble.

Free agency brought no relief. Instead of restocking the shelf, general manager Kevin Colbert issued radio silence. This well-respected and typically Teflon organization is suddenly drawing heat from critics. As Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette wrote Sunday, "It's hard to see the plan. Plenty of people who watch the Steelers are worried."

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is not one of them.

"I'm fine with people saying that we're going to be terrible and, 'Let's overlook them,' because that means our opponents are doing the same thing. I like that. I like being the hunter."

Sure, it's jarring for fans to watch core veterans vanish, but overpaying for Wallace and re-upping with an aging Harrison isn't how the Steelers do business. The Steelers are on the hook to nail the draft, but with Big Ben under center, this team cannot be counted out.

It's April, people. Let's pump the brakes on burial rites for an organization that hasn't suffered a losing season since 2003.
    Last edited by SnakeEyes43; 04-19-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

I thought he was talking about College women

Shouldn't you always be the hunter?? Please Ben stay away from the microphone! Play pissed I like it but why let the whole football world know it?

2nd String
    Yea, I thought he was talking about trying to solicit a 21-year-old coed into a bar bathroom for sexual acts, too.

Starter
    And people on this forum have the balls to call ME a troll.

GFY.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by ice cream glove View Post
    Yea, I thought he was talking about trying to solicit a 21-year-old coed into a bar bathroom for sexual acts, too.
    Really? How old is this joke now? At least come up with something more clever.

Back to the point im glad ben isn't crying like he did when he lost his bff arians. I think we are going to kick *** this year as long as we follow the Haily plan.

Starter
    Haley's plan is a joke. If we insist on that trash we won't win 6 games.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime83 View Post
    If the shoe fits, stick it in the whoushzbaw. When you do things like solicit a college girl into a bar restroom for sexual acts, you deserve ever zinger that comes your way. In other words, if you are a total pig, expect to be treated like one.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Haley's plan is a joke. If we insist on that trash we won't win 6 games.
    Then 5-11, here we come. I don't know what's worse: Hailey's pop gun offense, of Ben's acting like a guy playing on a frat, flag, intramural, college football league with a keg on the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime83 View Post

Back to the point im glad ben isn't crying like he did when he lost his bff arians. I think we are going to kick *** this year as long as we follow the Haily plan.
    Relax dude, title was to easy not to think it.

Thread Information