Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: anybody but Patterson or Jones in the first round is a fail for the Steelers

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach

anybody but Patterson or Jones in the first round is a fail for the Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i am a big fan of eifert, but if they take him at 17 over Patterson, Jones, Star, Milliner, Rhodes, Warmack, Jordan, Mingo, or Cooper...then yes it is a fail. Thats 9 of the first 17 players and im not including the tackles, DTs, or QBs

Id even argue a case for Hunter and Elam over Eifert at 17
    I'll smash things if we draft warmack or Cooper... Such idiocy would be intolerable (3 interior oline 1st round picks in 4 years)
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

im not in love with it, but they are incredibly good players that i wouldnt smash things

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    im not in love with it, but they are incredibly good players that i wouldnt smash things
    we can't spend half a decade investing in off/def linemen... it's bad franchise management... Hood, Pouncey, Heyward, Decastro, Cooper.... ****ing stupid... hey lets add in those 2nd round Oline as well....

there's a huge lack of playmaking talent right now... and the reason why is staring us right in the face on draft week... doing it for a 5th year... unbearable.

id rather over draft skill positions, than get a "steal" on the oline... BPA is for morons
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Draft Pick
    Cooper and Womack may well be rare talents. If one is there at 17, I won't be surprised if that's the transaction they make. C'mon.... if that materializes, we would derive much comfort from the knowledge that Big Ben has the best line in front of him.

In addition to those big boys, Vaccaro, Eifert & Lacy seem to be legit first rounders. I'm hoping that John Simon will be there for us in a later round.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    There is no doubt that if they went O-line (which I doubt) we couldn't be TOO mad. But at the same time, we have an alarming need at LB, maybe two LB's spots, we need help in the Secondary, NT, TE and RB too. I just don't see the O-line being that big of a need this year to warrant a first round pick.

Also, think about it, with all the O-linemen being drafted, there will be a veteran or two that will get released that could possibly come in and help us on the cheap. Giving us the depth we need on the O-line.

Believe me, I want to get that running game up and going this year. I want the balance back in this offense.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by BstripeYpaint View Post
    Cooper and Womack may well be rare talents. If one is there at 17, I won't be surprised if that's the transaction they make. C'mon.... if that materializes, we would derive much comfort from the knowledge that Big Ben has the best line in front of him.

In addition to those big boys, Vaccaro, Eifert & Lacy seem to be legit first rounders. I'm hoping that John Simon will be there for us in a later round.
    what in the world do you like about john simon? that one article that says hes reminds the steelers of harrison? No ****ing way. He is a passionate player but he is not a great conversion candidate. Id bring back Gibson before id draft Simon

I do think cooper and warmack are becoming slightly overrated, id take decastro last year over both of them but they are being hyped like weve never seen anything like them before. Cooper is not THAT better than the pounceys as athletic guards, or even Branden albert who was an amazing guard prospect that has played LT since day one

And honestly Fluker is every bit as impressive as Iupati as a guard, but that gets lost in the shuffle. The best this year gets hyped as the best in the last 10 years way to oftern
    Last edited by K Train; 04-22-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I'll smash things if we draft warmack or Cooper... Such idiocy would be intolerable (3 interior oline 1st round picks in 4 years)
    I agree. Don't forget about 2 defensive linemen in the first round in the last 5 years (5 consecutive #1s and two #2s, 7 of the top 10 picks in that time on the line.) I don't know what's going to happen, but I do know what's not going to happen. It won't be another lineman in the first. You can take that to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    There is no doubt that if they went O-line (which I doubt) we couldn't be TOO mad. But at the same time, we have an alarming need at LB, maybe two LB's spots, we need help in the Secondary, NT, TE and RB too. I just don't see the O-line being that big of a need this year to warrant a first round pick.

Also, think about it, with all the O-linemen being drafted, there will be a veteran or two that will get released that could possibly come in and help us on the cheap. Giving us the depth we need on the O-line.

Believe me, I want to get that running game up and going this year. I want the balance back in this offense.
    We have an Alarming need at scoring points also, 22nd in th league lastyear isn't going to cut it. It's not looking good at TE with Rock hands and Johnson, unless Paulsen steps up big. It's time for the Offense to carry the Defense, Ben is in his prime and needs weapons.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Hey K-Train,

This is for you buddy.

Cordarrelle Patterson drawing raves in spring
    ESPN's Kevin Seifert says a half-dozen people have told him recently how impressive rookie Cordarrelle Patterson has been this offseason.
    Patterson was a lock to excel in non-padded drills in which defenders aren't allowed to touch him. He's a physical freak that can run by anyone. The key to beating out Jerome Simpson for the starting split end job will be getting off jams at the line of scrimmage and running crisp routes in traffic. Patterson won't have a chance to show he's polished enough to do that until camp.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Veteran
    Doesn't matter to me how well Patterson is doing. I'm very happy with the way our draft turned out (well, except for the QB, still puzzled about that, considering where we are in Ben's lifecycle.)

Thread Information