Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: anybody but Patterson or Jones in the first round is a fail for the Steelers

Bookmark and Share
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    If the Steelers miss out on these two players in the draft i would consider the first round a fail .
    What if they are picked by someone else in the top, say, 12?

My Mood
    Manic
    then obiously we pick someone else duh i'm saying if they are available and we do something else

My Mood
    Addicted
    Is Patterson a gamble at #17 in the first round? How many years was he a starter at Tennessee? IMHO, the big 3 in Round 1 are:

Cooper
    Jones
    Patterson

What happens if Womack or Mingo fall to #17? Round 1 still a failure?

In that order.

Draft Pick
    How does everyone feel about T'eo at ILB to replace Larry Foote?

My Mood
    Fine
    According to Gery Dulac The Steelers don't see an issue with Patterson that other teams see. They don't think he's that raw or a one trick pony. With Dulac saying that I'm going to assume if Patterson is on the board he's the pick. I'm fine with that now.BEn Needs weapons and I'd also consider the two guards as weapons to keep him upright.If Xavier Rhodes is on the board I'd still want him.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    According to Gery Dulac The Steelers don't see an issue with Patterson that other teams see. They don't think he's that raw or a one trick pony. With Dulac saying that I'm going to assume if Patterson is on the board he's the pick. I'm fine with that now.BEn Needs weapons and I'd also consider the two guards as weapons to keep him upright.If Xavier Rhodes is on the board I'd still want him.
    I am not sure that I agree with that comment. I don't think the Steelers would tip their hand. Smoke-screen maybe?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky#20 View Post
    How does everyone feel about T'eo at ILB to replace Larry Foote?
    I liked him originally, but I soured on him. I think he was more a victim than anything, but that girlfriend thing still bothers me a bit. More importantly, he didn't perform well in the combine. I don't think he's a wise choice for us.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    I don't believe anything I hear right now about the draft. It's just as likely that the Steelers are trying to throw another team off their scent, making them think they like Patterson when they have no intention of drafting him as it is that they love him and want him to be the pick.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    I hope you all keep pulling for Patterson... That way I know it doesnt happen.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    I hope you all keep pulling for Patterson... That way I know it doesnt happen.
    I am not pulling for a TE or WR in Round 1. First of all, too many other needs currently and secondly the WR pool is deep. We can get a WR in the later rounds.

Plus we have Manny Sanders for at last another year. I say OG or LB in round 1.

Thread Information