Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2013 Schedule

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Really like the schedule, since I live in Texans market...not a lot of scheduling conflict there. Looks like last year with a lot of nationally televised games. Love the T-giving night game as our only Thurs. game.But don't see it as super easy schedule, with early bye again. Weeks 6-9, and 13-15 are tough stretches.
    Last edited by steelspikes; 04-19-2013 at 11:09 AM.
    STEELSPIKES

Draft Pick
    Injuries are always the key, but if Ben stays healthy I can see us at 10-6.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Saying things like, "if they do not go at least 10-6 with this schedule..." is really a fool's errand at this point. The make-up of our team (not to mention opponents) is so far from being decided with further free agency and the draft, we have no idea what we or what many teams on the schedule will have.

In today's NFL parity is king and last season's 4-12 team that has you counting the "W" in April could be 8-2 when we play them. For instance, I suspect that if the Colts were on the schedule last season at this point y'all would have been tallying an easy win. Likewise, teams like the Broncos or Patriots are one training camp Manning/Brady injury away from being mediocre at best.

Yes, based on last season, the schedule looks pretty good. Unfortunately, we do not play last year's teams.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Yes, based on last season, the schedule looks pretty good. Unfortunately, we do not play last year's teams.
    This is true..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    This is true..
    Yeah, but know that I am not criticizing. It is not like I did not look at the schedule and do the same math in my head. :-)
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Yeah, but know that I am not criticizing. It is not like I did not look at the schedule and do the same math in my head. :-)
    Look at my first post in here! lol I was like money in the bank!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

2nd String
    Considering we lost to Cle., SD, TN and Oakland, I am real curious to what logic some are using thinking we should be 7-0 to start. I'm not seeing it. This is an 8-8 team who lost their #1 WR, their #1 RB, their starting NT, best LB, arguably their best CB, might not have their starting TE, best LT, starting LG...and some how this 8-8 team losing so many of their best players is going to be a contender? Really? One could make a case for much-improved chemistry being the difference, but to overcome all that personnel losses on top of already being a crappy 8-8 team to begin with? A team who couldn't beat the Browns, Titans, Raiders and Chargers?

2nd String
    9-7 maybe

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    At Oakland again? It seems like we go there 4 times to their 1. We don't have a lot of success out there.
    We've only played in Oakland 3 times since 1995, twice in the new millennium.

Thread Information